What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Apr 8, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #10,216 of 14,564
I see, I regret the error of my ways and profusely apologise for exasperating you.

Sarcasm. If you already new the answer, why did you ask the question? If you didn’t know the answer, why did you say the answer you received was incorrect?

Apr 8, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #10,217 of 14,564
cat bites ass.gif

Apr 8, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #10,218 of 14,564
Sarcasm. If you already new the answer, why did you ask the question? If you didn’t know the answer, why did you say the answer you received was incorrect?
Clarification. Never doubted the answer or thought it was incorrect. Just was looking for additional information on something that is unclear to me. No more sarcasm, I slipped.

Apr 8, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #10,219 of 14,564
Clarification. Never doubted the answer or thought it was incorrect. Just was looking for additional information on something that is unclear to me. No more sarcasm, I slipped.

Sarcasm is a necessary tool in a written format exchange, as are emojis because the usual cues we exchange in a face-to-face conversation are absent. In and of itself, a little sarcastic comment should not be taken to a visceral level, as this entire topic should not be taken so seriously. We often forget this is a pleasant hobby which is fun. If it ever becomes so serious, that we cannot laugh at each other and at ourselves, then it will become a pedantic exercise in comparing individual's knowledge against our own, whilst wearing our feelings on our shirt sleeves.

Apr 8, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #10,220 of 14,564
Sarcasm is a necessary tool in a written format exchange, as are emojis because the usual cues we exchange in a face-to-face conversation are absent. In and of itself, a little sarcastic comment should not be taken to a visceral level, as this entire topic should not be taken so seriously. We often forget this is a pleasant hobby which is fun. If it ever becomes so serious, that we cannot laugh at each other and at ourselves, then it will become a pedantic exercise in comparing individual's knowledge against our own, whilst wearing our feelings on our shirt sleeves.
:dt880smile:

Apr 8, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #10,221 of 14,564
If I was Emperor Ming, I'd add messaging netiquitte to my science curriculum. HAIL MING. HAIL MING. :ksc75smile:

(...with a nod to the best/worst Sci Fi movie from the 1980... very quotable... Killer [Queen] soundtrack).

Apr 8, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #10,223 of 14,564
Momentum true wireless from Sennheiser are interesting. The touch controls are insanity. Literally, the guy handed me a newspaper-sized instruction card of all the different gestures. The silicone ear cups lacked isolation—as all IEMs do, next to KSE1500's black foam tips—and all things considered, are a crippled middle place between AirPods and Shure's Ultima. The AirPods are the most convenient ever made, and have great quality sound for phone calls and podcasts. When I listen on my bicycle, the background noise - which I want, so I know if a car is coming - is loud enough that any greater SQ would be lost on me. KSE1500 sits at the summit of IEM isolation and SQ, and with the micro to lightning is only somewhat awkward to carry in a pocket while walking. (You must leave it in your pocket, though. Texting with the dac/amp attached is dreadful.)

True Wireless are for sure a great option for many people who don't want to buy both the $159 and the $2999 toys. You can attach 3rd party tips, I hear, and the sound appears to be pretty good. But my use cases are peculiar. I am looking at the LCD-4, though, or 4z, with some interest.

51 days in Europe. Am I insane, or just a teacher?

Yes.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #10,224 of 14,564
Apr 9, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #10,225 of 14,564
Momentum true wireless from Sennheiser are interesting. The touch controls are insanity. Literally, the guy handed me a newspaper-sized instruction card of all the different gestures. The silicone ear cups lacked isolation—as all IEMs do, next to KSE1500's black foam tips—and all things considered, are a crippled middle place between AirPods and Shure's Ultima. The AirPods are the most convenient ever made, and have great quality sound for phone calls and podcasts. When I listen on my bicycle, the background noise - which I want, so I know if a car is coming - is loud enough that any greater SQ would be lost on me. KSE1500 sits at the summit of IEM isolation and SQ, and with the micro to lightning is only somewhat awkward to carry in a pocket while walking. (You must leave it in your pocket, though. Texting with the dac/amp attached is dreadful.)

True Wireless are for sure a great option for many people who don't want to buy both the $159 and the $2999 toys. You can attach 3rd party tips, I hear, and the sound appears to be pretty good. But my use cases are peculiar. I am looking at the LCD-4, though, or 4z, with some interest.

51 days in Europe. Am I insane, or just a teacher?

Yes.

Well the TW design is cool, for sure. I like the case and charging connections. Listed at $300 ... did you get 'em for $159?
51 days in Europe = uber bliss :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back