What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Dec 19, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #6,107 of 14,563
The Magni 3 started out as an Asgard 3, but yeah, it's not class A anymore. Still tempted to get an Asgard to try, but for me the Jotunheim clearly bested the Lyr 2 (with LISST and with three different pairs of tubes), so I'm wondering how good the cheaper Asgard 2 can really be.

So did the Jot start as Asgard replacement.

I love the sound of my Asgard, that pure class A sound. It is what got me into this schiit.

Dec 19, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #6,108 of 14,563
You know, from time to time I am wrong in my posts – I will mix up names, publish errors of fact, and misquote. Much of the time I catch it. Sometimes forum members will call me on it. There are a few that are wannabe editors or for whatever reason revel in making others wrong. Most are not that way. Rarely I get pissed off; acting on that may seem like a short time fix, but over time it is almost always wrong in a forum. What has always worked for me if I am wrong is to immediately post, correct, and if necessary, apologize for it. It can be difficult if, rarely, you have to apologize to an a$$hole. It is still much better than prolonging the situation by driving the wrong way until it ends badly.

There are those of us who suffer from "asperger's style" writing. There are those, like myself who are unfiltered and utter what occurs to them and may occasionally offend. If if I have genuinely offended anyone, let me take this time to apologize. If you are some snowflake who likes cats and I mention puppies or if you are a digiaudiophile and I mention analog – then find another *** thread as there are NO audio safe spaces on this thread. This forum may be coarser than most because of my disdain for censorship. I believe that an a$$hole will reveal himself in his writings and I will let that stand forever so he cannot deny who he is. The converse is also true; a true positive contributor will be similarly treated. I also believe that those who read this thread are not stupid; they are perfectly capable of identifying trolls who shall be forever help up to public view here.

Recently there have been some egregiously vituperative postings and cross thread postings, accusations, and so on that have been reported to moderators. There will probably be some fallout that is out of my purview. We shall see. I wish I could fix things but I cannot. Meanwhile, I hope that all can take heart at Rodney King's advice: "Can't we all get along?"

Edit: "aspbergers" spelling corrected per @Alcophone. Wrong again! (Should it be capitalized as a proper noun? Any grammarians out there?

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 19, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #6,109 of 14,563
I guess when I read leafy7382's post I interpreted it as "work at home" using the Gadget-to-DAC-to-(listening components) adjusting content to achieve the magic, then a second complete playback with the DAC outputs feeding the Jil for capture as alternate versions of the track(s). The captured track(s) could be used for either mobile or at-rest listening (e.g., load them into your portable player, smart phone, onto the USB fob for car audio systems that have a port and play files, playback on your work Fulla 2, into the DAC of your home 2-channel system, etc).

Versus trying to actually operate your Schiit stack in your vehicle.

https://acupwr.com/collections/dual-voltage-car-inverter

Yeap, this is beneficial that you can even make multiple tracks using different settings on the Gadget to show the effect. Of course if one goes the hardcore way to install the whole thing in a car, one still needs a computer (RPI?) To receive the output from Jil and then play it back to a DAC as neither is a USB host and cannot be connected together directly.

Dec 20, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #6,111 of 14,563
You know, from time to time I am wrong in my posts – I will mix up names, publish errors of fact, and misquote. Much of the time I catch it. Sometimes forum members will call me on it. There are a few that are wannabe editors or for whatever reason revel in making others wrong. Most are not that way. Rarely I get pissed off; acting on that may seem like a short time fix, but over time it is almost always wrong in a forum. What has always worked for me if I am wrong is to immediately post, correct, and if necessary, apologize for it. It can be difficult if, rarely, you have to apologize to an a$$hole. It is still much better than prolonging the situation by driving the wrong way until it ends badly.

There are those of us who suffer from "asberger's style" writing.
*Asperger's
I feel very awkward now.
I'm going to go pet my cat... that should make me feel better.

Dec 20, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #6,112 of 14,563
"Meanwhile, I hope that all can take heart at Rodney King's advice: "Can't we all get along?""
"Wasn't he beaten within an inch of his life? :wink:"

With a long - what?............:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #6,115 of 14,563
I'm no techno-whiz-banger at this stuff but should the the tech guys that manage the nuts and bolts operations of this site be able to figure out who's sending what to who?

Dec 20, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #6,116 of 14,563
I'm no techno-whiz-banger at this stuff but should the the tech guys that manage the nuts and bolts operations of this site be able to figure out who's sending what to who?
I am on it with the tech guys of my provider and will take appropriate action if possible.
Let's give it a rest here and make some noise.

Dec 20, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #6,117 of 14,563
Back on current topics of interest, a name suggestion for the Schiit spinner Mike will be working on after Sol and Gadget are in his rear-view mirror.
"Ymir"

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #6,119 of 14,563
Funny. I don`t know shiiiit about tuning but I picked 432 every time(first video above) except for the trick question where I just picked one because I didn`t know. So I guess when you listen to classical and you know what you are going for the gadget might get you there.

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #6,120 of 14,563
"Meanwhile, I hope that all can take heart at Rodney King's advice: "Can't we all get along?""
"Wasn't he beaten within an inch of his life? :wink:"

With a long - what?............:ksc75smile:

±1 inch... For some, it doesn't matter. Not necessarily me, o'course... :ksc75smile:

Don't be sad.
Aspergers is the fun part of the spectrum.
It tends to result in excellent engineers.

Hey! Hey, now... Left-handed compliment if ever I saw one. But you mean like I2S fixation? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back