What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Dec 13, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #5,957 of 14,564
Guys, guys guys, we know all of us here have similar interests and for all we know we are all related.....through Genghis Khan!:) Geez, maybe it's the Temprinillo grape I'm drinking...gotta touch base with RCB!

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #5,958 of 14,564
OK, OK.................... Here is the Winders/Dr. P challenge: Even if you do not like each other, is it possible to find anything you have in common, or any likes or dislikes? I once worked with with someone who I thought was perhaps the most arrogant prick I had ever met. He thought I was an unfiltered ass. Although the truth was that we were probably both right, we sort of mutually discovered that we didn't have to like each other to accomplish a job we both needed to do. Years later I ran into him at a banquet where, like the scene in Patton, we toasted each other as sons of bitches, laughing as we did so. Although I still do not think I would want to go out to dinner with him, I know I could work with him again. So how about it guys? It would make this thread not just more enjoyable for me, but probably others as well. I am sure you could find something you like or hate in common. Smalahove? Lutefisk? Korean Makkali? Mid-Fi? Beats Headphones?

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 13, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #5,959 of 14,564
That is indeed still open to debate.
Hormones.... maybe it's all in the hormones.
Let me rephrase, perhaps I am not using the correct words to get my point across. It is not "Instinct" to be bad to one another. Biology can do all kinds of weird things, my apologies for using incorrect phrasing.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #5,960 of 14,564
OK, OK.................... Here is the Winders/Dr. P challenge: Even if you do not like each other, is it possible to find anything you have in common, or any likes or dislikes? I once worked with with someone who I thought was perhaps the most arrogant prick I had ever met. He thought I was an unfiltered ass. Although the truth was that we were probably both right, we sort of mutually discovered that we didn't have to like each other to accomplish a job we both needed to do. Years later I ran into him at a banquet where, like the scene in Patton, we toasted each other as sons of bitches, laughing as we did so. Although I still do not think I would want to go out to dinner with him, I know I could work with him again. So how about it guys? It would make this thread not just more enjoyable for me, but probably others as well. I am sure you could find something you like or hate in common. Smalahove? Lutefisk? Korean Makkali? Mid-Fi? Beats Headphones?

Mike,

I have already given in to the fact that this thread is now 70 to 80 percent owned by the good Doctor. It is his personal playground. Well, this thread and Jason's. Maybe I should just let him run me off of both threads......you seem okay with that. Thank God he is not on SBAF!

Dec 13, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #5,961 of 14,564
Did you ever think, make that dream, 30 years ago you would be spending your time as #2Schiit, in retirment age, and watching, make that babysitting, over your blogs........Eitr way please don't retire! Please!

Dec 13, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #5,962 of 14,564
Let me rephrase, perhaps I am not using the correct words to get my point across. It is not "Instinct" to be bad to one another. Biology can do all kinds of weird things, my apologies for using incorrect phrasing.
Don't apologize I get the drift.
Mankind kan only hope to figure it all out someday.

Dec 13, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #5,964 of 14,564
You must behave on SBAF, because Marvey would ban you if you acted like you do here over on SBAF.

Dec 13, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #5,965 of 14,564
Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 8.28.35 PM.png

My poor-mans eitr :D interesting trying moby USB after awhile.

(from the dark web)

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #5,969 of 14,564
Fair enough, I was unaware that I commented on neuro-science, if I did then it was unintentional. My point was that being a bully is NOT biological.

Let's vote. I think it's biological. I am pretty darn sure of it too. The vote was a joke. You can't vote about science. While I'm at it I should add that I think it's ok to talk science to non-experts. I spent a lot of time doing it at the university. The trick is being able to communicate in a way they understand. I can only assume Pietro meant it makes no point to discuss science with non-experts at the level of technical detail and vocabulary understood only by experts. But that may be putting words in his mouth. :ksc75smile:

Added after thinking about it and reading next few posts I have to point out instinct is biological. We're all brain cell biochemistry, connectors and junctions, hormones (chemical messengers) and intra-cellular modulators anyway. Everything we do is biological chemistry at work. Unless of course you want to invoke the paranormal or higher powers.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #5,970 of 14,564
A question for Mike and others who may be familiar. Looking for a CD to get my Dad for Christmas among other things. I remember Mike mentioning liking
"Scriabin: Symphony No. 3 "The Divine Poem" / Poem of Ecstasy". What recorded version of this would you recommend? Want one that has both good sound quality and is a good performance. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back