What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Aug 14, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #4,186 of 14,564
apparently apple sells like 27 adapters and altogether they're like $873. Just think, I could get a bag of crap or I could get Gungnir!

Aug 14, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #4,192 of 14,564
Yes you can adjust them!

Are you able to give us a price range for the first MP? I remember you saying something like the first one was going to be simpler and cheaper and the second one would be more complicated and more expensive.

Thank you.

Aug 14, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #4,194 of 14,564
Now I know where I have to save money for the coming months.
This is really a dream come true.

Over on Jason's thread I mentioned doing some basic speaker placement and arrangement of the room. So, now it sounds better. Do a little more. That's step one. Buy MP when it's (soon to be) released and see what it does, on it's own, with as pure a signal as possible. That's step two. Do this before investing $$ in signal processing, even if it's "free". Maybe if you get your room sounding good with a comfortable sized listening area then MP will knock your socks off or at least be a "wow!"

If it's not then you will know, process the signal as much as you want, it is just a hobby. The sky or how much you want to spend is the limit in that area.

I think my suggestion got lost in the "signal processing". :)

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #4,195 of 14,564
Over on Jason's thread I mentioned doing some basic speaker placement and arrangement of the room. So, now it sounds better. Do a little more. That's step one. Buy MP when it's (soon to be) released and see what it does, on it's own, with as pure a signal as possible. That's step two. Do this before investing $$ in signal processing, even if it's "free". Maybe if you get your room sounding good with a comfortable sized listening area then MP will knock your socks off or at least be a "wow!"

If it's not then you will know, process the signal as much as you want, it is just a hobby. The sky or how much you want to spend is the limit in that area.

I think my suggestion got lost in the "signal processing". :)
The only thing I can do is in the signal path.
Speaker placement and room arrangement are both optimal.
So it's a tube buffer stage (I asked a question about that on Jasons' thread), and/or the MP

Aug 14, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #4,197 of 14,564
I don't read TAS, and fortunately I don't need a summary of what I can read in detailed technical form from books like the one I cited, or get from conversations with scientists and engineers who don't have an axe to grind with respect to particular methods or gear. Looked online for what you mentioned, not available, so I assume it's only in the print version.

I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding. I meant to ask if what RH said jibed with your understanding of the topic, not that you needed his baby food version of the knowledge you have access to.

The issue just came out so it won't be online for a while.

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #4,199 of 14,564
I'm aware of Eitr, I'm asking whether it's conceivable that a newer version of Mimby could incorporate the Gen5 tech inside without the need for a second box.
I'm losing track.. What's a Mimby?

Edit: found it. (silly shortening of names)

And.
It seems logical when a product review is done it will either be dropped or updated as a whole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 14, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #4,200 of 14,564
(silly shortening of names)

Oh I absolutely agree with this comment. I hate all the stupid names ending in Y. The devices have names. USE THEM. We don't need the cute nicknames: they are not your dog. [/rant]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back