What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jun 1, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #3,527 of 14,564
Cooooookie, yup yup yup yup yup., badda dum ba ba badda

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #3,529 of 14,564
Jun 1, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #3,530 of 14,564
Cooooookie, yup yup yup yup yup., badda dum ba ba badda
You mean the raspberry pi? It`s a mini computer on a board. A really cheap DIY NUC-like apparatus that is much more flexible than any other platform I know.
In terms of hardware you can add but also has lots of software that is free (check RUNE audio, Volumio, Moode etc. etc.)
On top of the pi there are pins on which you can click extensions (dacs/amps/lights/screens/buttons whatever man!)
One of those add-ons is the Digi+Pro by hifiberry. It`s a reclocker for the raspberries own sloppy clock and it adds a sp/dif out to your minicomputer.
There is also an empty spot on the Digi+pro where you can add a BNC out. This is where the real DIY begins and I start burning holes in stuff :)

Jun 1, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #3,532 of 14,564
You mean the raspberry pi? It`s a mini computer on a board. A really cheap DIY NUC-like apparatus that is much more flexible than any other platform I know.
In terms of hardware you can add but also has lots of software that is free (check RUNE audio, Volumio, Moode etc. etc.)
On top of the pi there are pins on which you can click extensions (dacs/amps/lights/screens/buttons whatever man!)
One of those add-ons is the Digi+Pro by hifiberry. It`s a reclocker for the raspberries own sloppy clock and it adds a sp/dif out to your minicomputer.
There is also an empty spot on the Digi+pro where you can add a BNC out. This is where the real DIY begins and I start burning holes in stuff :)

Thanks both.
I think it's a bit like the iFi SPDIF iPurifier I use between my CD transport and DAC.
http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-spdif-ipurifier

Jun 1, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #3,534 of 14,564
Not excactly but close indeed. Is the purifier something you really notice in the sound?
Yes it's a like updating to a higher class in components.
And it only costs slightly more than €100,-.
As for the WAF point of view.... it's invisible behind your DAC.

Jun 1, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #3,537 of 14,564
Being a doctor, do you have any idea what a kidney goes for these days?
Yes but that's classified info and not something you want to do for money.
Better park yourself on "The Dam" and educate people on reefer-building for a fee.
Then direct them to the "HEMA" for sausage and Roze Koeken for a percentage of the sales.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #3,538 of 14,564
Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #3,540 of 14,564
I don't think the gadget will deal with temperament/tuning. Particularly in classical music with no keyboard instruments, the players will adjust tuning a bit depending on the harmonies and key (e.g. slightly wider major 3rds and 6ths, narrower minor 3rds and 6ths, etc, and an F-natural in D minor is often going to be slightly lower than an F natural in B-flat Major, etc) in order to better influence the sound they produce. It's a subtle adjustment but makes a big difference. I can't see something that essentially autotunes (as I understand it) being beneficial at all. Something that works in the time domain to "realign" the signals from multiple mics or deal with reverberation, however, could be very interesting. Just my $.02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back