1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)

Discussion in 'Mike Moffat (Baldr)' started by baldr, Oct 13, 2015.
First

Back
791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800
802 803 804 805 806
Next

Last
  1. bosiemoncrieff
    This morning's french press was fairly promising. Meant to grind for pour over and under (over?) shot into french press territory, but thankfully the situation was recoverable. I'll tighten it up and try again tomorrow.

This year I'm grateful for coffee, and Wagner, and Proust.

US Blues likes this.
  2. SpeakerBox
    Drank a lot off coffee (siphon version) yesterday! Was awesome!

3. SpeakerBox
    Found this pic in a coffee thread over on AK:
    Coffee_Beans.jpg
    A beautiful thing!

hearditontheX and RickB like this.
  4. Timster
    Yeah, have one of those too. Great upgrade to the Aeropress

G0rt likes this.
  5. G0rt
    I think it may be ergonomically significant that I haven't knocked over the press even once since the upgrade. :D

thebmc likes this.
  6. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    And Mike, is there any chance that there will ever be an Yggdrasil level DAC with valves?

thebmc likes this.
  7. bosiemoncrieff
    The JX Pro made a decent shot of espresso this pm. I will continue dialing it in, but even with very light roasts, it seems to work well. The decaf roast from Square Mile seems to require even finer grinds, so we'll see if it's able to be ground by my new tool.

I will say that I can already taste differences in burr style. Conical have a richer taste, though the flavors can be muddier, while flat burr have a cleaner taste. Think of high end conical as SR 007 and high end flat burr as SR 009.

8. GearMe
    Actually...it's like Discrete vs Op-amps :wink:

US Blues and bosiemoncrieff like this.
  9. bosiemoncrieff
    I still don’t know what an op amp is

motberg and GearMe like this.
  10. SpeakerBox
    A fully operational amplifier on a chip. Many (including me) do opamp rolling to get a sound that they like. My Kenwood tuner has a socket to make that easy.

11. Whazzzup
    what is rolling? tube or otherwise?

12. Derrick Swart
  13. RickB
    That refers to trying different examples of tubes or chips, in order to find a different sound you might like or to fine tune the sound you're going after.

14. SpeakerBox
    What he said.

15. bosiemoncrieff
    With all the rain and moisture I’m having to coarsen up the grind to get the same flow rate. The ek is mysterious and ever changing. And now I have another grinder to compare it against! I’ll be way to caffeinated if I try all the combinations!

I love coffee so much.

thebmc and US Blues like this.
First

Back
791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800
802 803 804 805 806
Next

Last