What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Dec 29, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #9,692 of 14,564
I had to defend my Yggdrasil A2 from an adamant measurebater on Tekton's owner group Facebook page. He trashed the Yggy up and down using he-who-will-not-be-named measurements without having ever listened to it. He didn't even know about the different versions so of course he didn't any clue about its unique engineering design choices. I love my Yggdrasil and I appreciate it more having moved up Schiit's line from the original Modi to the Gungnir DS and then to Yggy A2. The difference between my Gungnir DS and the Yggy was night and day. I am now a firm believer in multibit with Mike's filter and I can't imagine my system without it.

DAC measurements be damned, it's audio we're talking about. It's the sound that matters!

Dec 29, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #9,693 of 14,564
Somebodies here might appreciate this, about the RCA Red Seal series,
http://highfidelity.pl/@main-880&lang=en
I still have some of the original High Performance CDs purchased around 2000 and they do sound good.

Selected titles were released on Compact Discs between 1999 and 2000, having uniform graphic design with a characteristic frame and the inscription: “High Performance”. In the period of two years, a little more than twenty titles were released, selected from the record label’s catalogue older than the famous “Living Stereo” series.
This is wrong. All of the High Performance reissues come from recordings newer than Living Stereo. In fact, RCA replaced the Living Stereo branding with Red Seal (which is what they labeled their entire classical line in the '70s and '80s). Only much later BMG/Sony started to use "Living Stereo" again for the original recordings for its marketing appeal.

Dec 29, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #9,694 of 14,564
I had to defend my Yggdrasil A2 from an adamant measurebater on Tekton's owner group Facebook page. He trashed the Yggy up and down using he-who-will-not-be-named measurements without having ever listened to it. He didn't even know about the different versions so of course he didn't any clue about its unique engineering design choices. I love my Yggdrasil and I appreciate it more having moved up Schiit's line from the original Modi to the Gungnir DS and then to Yggy A2. The difference between my Gungnir DS and the Yggy was night and day. I am now a firm believer in multibit with Mike's filter and I can't imagine my system without it.

DAC measurements be damned, it's audio we're talking about. It's the sound that matters!

Can you share the link to that post?

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #9,695 of 14,564
Dec 29, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #9,696 of 14,564

Yep, walled garden at that link. The admins will now get many pings lol.

As long as you're happy I'd not worry about some ignorants opinion. :beerchug:

Dec 30, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #9,697 of 14,564

Why did you HAVE to defend the Yggdrasil? These measurebaters will never get wiser, no matter how much you will explain. I understand from your position as proud owner, but I really feel that every second spent on those people is wasted energy. It will drain your energy and certainly not make you happy. As for me, I have decided to just ignore those people and their "contributions" to internet fora. Gives me much more peace (and time to listen to music) than to argue with them.

Same with these discussions between believers and non-believers in cable threads. I ignore it. I know what I hear and I know what I like. That's it. And of course there are enough people here who's contributions I read with pleasure, and I learn a lot from them.

Dec 30, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #9,699 of 14,564
tenor.gif

Dec 30, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #9,700 of 14,564
Hmmm...sounds like someone should start a cable measurement thread and also a cable listening impressions thread! :wink:

...guessing there already are some
I have to stay away from such discussions, life is too short to argue what people believe. There is a do it yourself cable thread or two and they make some very pretty cables. When folks pay dearly for cables or build their own, they can get pretty defensive.

Dec 30, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #9,702 of 14,564
Why did you HAVE to defend the Yggdrasil?

I agree with you but I think a single post saying something to counteract the statement may be warranted. Otherwise the statement stands uncorrected and enshrined in search engines forever.

Dec 30, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #9,703 of 14,564
Dec 30, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #9,704 of 14,564

Users who are viewing this thread

Back