What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Oct 26, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #9,437 of 14,564
I know you're joking but 1.87 watts is much less than 400 :p

Oct 26, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #9,438 of 14,564
I arrived back home from RMAF and an extended week of National Park visiting in Southern Utah over the weekend. Wow! Bryce Canyon, Arches, Capitol Reef, Zion, and Canyonlands. The capper was the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Simply stunning. Almost argues intelligent universe design.

So back here at Schiit setting up the order of the cast parts for the Sol. (Someone asked if we include a dustcover – Sorry, no. There are folks on ebay who custom fabricate them, albeit for mucho $$$.) We need to go to the foundry to work out some cosmetic aspects of said cast parts. Then we will be at the point where everything should be on order for the Sol. I stand by first quarter 2019 delivery.

Next on the horizon will be the transport, the music processor/DAC front end, and a (tease, tease) top secret apparatus for the second quarter next year. The transport needs a bit of programming from Ivana, a button/control processor which is a major imbedded step towards the Schiit Pie, and a layout of the signal processing section. Call that second/third quarter 2019.

The music processor is a bit further out. The gadget engineering/proof of concept is done. I will be soon playing with an expander to see if it feasible in a lack of sonic fuctivity sense. The key is independent unlimit/expansion params which could be a giant whet dream. The only way to judge is to do it.

The new USB is done through Beta. A major caveat is that it is our first USB section and will need quite a bit of Beta eval since I want to ensure it really will work with any equipment, any time, and anywhere. More will be revealed.

So all of this Schiit is being worked on – should come out in this order:

1. Sol.

2. Transport

3. That which cannot be uttered.

4. Music processor/Swiss Army Knife/DAC front end; Hell, I don’t know What to call it.

Stay tuned – I hope to finish the ten year plan in five! It is good to be back!

I'll be in the market for all of the above, except Sol....for now! :ksc75smile:

Oct 26, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #9,439 of 14,564
Had a great time at Davies last night. Ray Chen did an excellent rendition of Lola's violin sinfonia espanole or whatever - last year, I shouted "bach partita!" at him during the ovation (and got my bach partita). He did something else this year, which was beautiful.

Der Rosenkavalier suite was ok but unmemorable. I prefer Wagner.

Oct 29, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #9,440 of 14,564
Saw Arabella again yesterday afternoon. What on a first viewing was a bit overlong and stuffy, albeit lyrically beautiful, on a second viewing was incommunicably tedious, a paean to sentimentality of the most nauseating kind. I could have cut 45 minutes from the opera and lost nothing. The bits that I closed my eyes for were pleasanter, because the story was so stupid.

I also didn't have the scotch mod yesterday, which always helps.

Always.

Next up, Vivaldi and Bartok on Veteran's Day weekend!

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #9,441 of 14,564
I also didn't have the scotch mod yesterday, which always helps.

Philadelphia Opera is experimenting with allowing drinks into the auditorium. Now we can do the scotch mod for live performances!

Oct 29, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #9,442 of 14,564
oh i'm sure i could've brought a covered drink in - i'm just too cheap to buy drinks at the opera. i pregame at home with a pink pamplemousse or wine. speaking of which...

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #9,443 of 14,564
I had to google that ... oh, it's a grapefruit!
Who knew :)

ps. It's my favorite juice, right up there with cranberry.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #9,444 of 14,564
I had to google that ... oh, it's a grapefruit!
Who knew :)

ps. It's my favorite juice, right up there with cranberry.

Yeah pomplemous is French and Arabic for Grapefruit. There is nothing like fresh squeezed Moroccan Asr Pomplemous or Asr Bortokal (aka Portugal/Orange).

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #9,445 of 14,564
2 parts gin, 2 parts grapefruit juice, 1 part mandarine napoleon (or grand marnier if you must) served up with a lemon twist

Oct 30, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #9,446 of 14,564
Oh shiit! Just like that I'm in the market for a TT.

So is the prevailing thought that Sol will sound "better" than a Rega Planar3?
I put better in quotes because its subjective and very few have head Sol.

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #9,447 of 14,564
Oh shiit! Just like that I'm in the market for a TT.

So is the prevailing thought that Sol will sound "better" than a Rega Planar3?
I put better in quotes because its subjective and very few have head Sol.

Question is how long you be willing to wait, or is sound the primary driver? I'm asking if a possible Mr. Right might lose out to a Mr. Right Now.

Oct 31, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #9,450 of 14,564
Ugh. I want an iMac with an i9, True Tone, and Face ID! Sometimes being a decades-long apple customer feels like an abusive relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back