What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Oct 12, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #9,241 of 14,074

RCBinTN

Headphoneus Supremus
Here's the pizza that Dr. Pietro Cozzi Tinin made in his home and posted so our mouths will water ...
The recipe is available on Head-Fi. I know that @Ableza made it and, after a bit of training, it came out perfectly.
There are a couple of tricks, it seems. :)

PizzaDiPietro.jpg
Prosit, mates!
RCB

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #9,245 of 14,074

GearMe

Headphoneus Supremus
...I'll take the reins. If you won't judge it for others, I will.
Everyone should buy the Gadget if/when it's released. It will be worth it.

It will allow you to sync the tuning of the music to your inner-self. You and your music can literally be in-tune with the universe. You can do A=440 to see if it meshes with Metallica. Then you can try C=256 and see how that floats your boat with Boney M. If you try A=435 with Verdi's Requiem; skies will clear; children will sing; PCT and those who Wind him up will mend fences as a demonstration of hope for peace in the middle east. It will bring joy to the world!

It still won't be as good for SQ as when I put the new rhodium filament fuse in my DAC, but we're talking about subtle changes here, folks, not night and day.

*Benefits and side-effects have not been evaluated by the FDA/EPA/AMA/ABA/FCC/FTC/CPSC/DMV/NHTSA/TSA/SEC/ASCAP/UL/ISO/AATCC/ASTM or any other regulatory agencies, standards bodies, or trade organizations either legitimate or illegitimate.

Seriously though, I will be getting one, if/when it's released. It sounds neat-o.

I was buyin' what you were sellin'...until the end times stuff! :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #9,247 of 14,074

RCBinTN

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm from deep dish Chicago-The Inferno(RIP), Pizzeria Uno or Due(not the franchise crap), Geno's East. Lou Malnatti not my fave but it is available to order on-line, frozen of course. These are national treasures in my book.

Pizzeria Uno! The best pizza that I ever ate.
We used to ride to Chicago just to eat there and go back home. It was worth it! :)

Oct 13, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #9,248 of 14,074

BagelJoe

100+ Head-Fier
Pizzeria Uno! The best pizza that I ever ate.
We used to ride to Chicago just to eat there and go back home. It was worth it! :)
Due's was built to handle the overflow from Uno's. Those were the days my friend when I could drive to the city and have great za! You know Pietro will think it's sacrilegious to eat deep dish. :ksc75smile:

Oct 13, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #9,249 of 14,074

Ableza

Headphoneus Supremus
This NE Missouri boy says real Chicago pizza has cracker-thin crispy crust and is cut into squares. :) Oh, and if you put ketchup on a hot dog you deserve to be shot.

Oct 13, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #9,250 of 14,074

CAPT Deadpool

500+ Head-Fier
I used to occasionally order a few Giordanos frozen by mail. It is actually cheaper than eating at the restaurant and is outstanding. I work with a couple of guys from Chicago and they got me on one time. Haven't been to Chicago myself outside the airports. Also I still remember eating deep-dish pizza at a place called Mama Bear's near @Paladin79 back in 1997 or so in Bloomington, IN.

I've also made couple trips to Italy (including Naples) about the same time and still love a good Neapolitan Pizza. I also love a good NY-styIe pizza too having been to NYC. I hope we don't turn this into an objectivist vs subjectivist type discussion, there is enough room for more than one type of Pizza in my stomach. :pizza:

I think we can all agree pizza is delicious. Even though I now have to make my own pizza to avoid onion and garlic allergies. At least "desert pizza" is still safe. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

By the way I studied Conflict Analysis and Resolution at George Mason and also studied it for a semester in the Levant. Here is a video of me at Al Aqsa/Temple Mount in Jerusalem/Al Quds working for peace.

I think we can also all agree Hummus is good too. Thanks to Bruno.

https://giordanos.com

Oct 13, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #9,251 of 14,074

RCBinTN

Headphoneus Supremus
This NE Missouri boy says real Chicago pizza has cracker-thin crispy crust and is cut into squares. :) Oh, and if you put ketchup on a hot dog you deserve to be shot.

Ketchup on a hot dog ... no way! And no cheese, either.

We decided to order local pizza tonight.
I can't get the idea of anchovy and jalapeno out of my head, thanks to @mbusby! :)

Oct 13, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #9,253 of 14,074

Ripper2860

Headphoneus Supremus
It's that time of year in Texas -- State Fair. And what would the Texas State Fair be without the venerable …

Fletcher's Corny Dog!!!

corny4.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #9,255 of 14,074

Paladin79

Member of the Trade: Cables For Less
I used to occasionally order a few Giordanos frozen by mail. It is actually cheaper than eating at the restaurant and is outstanding. I work with a couple of guys from Chicago and they got me on one time. Haven't been to Chicago myself outside the airports. Also I still remember eating deep-dish pizza at a place called Mama Bear's near @Paladin79 back in 1997 or so in Bloomington, IN.

I've also made couple trips to Italy (including Naples) about the same time and still love a good Neapolitan Pizza. I also love a good NY-styIe pizza too having been to NYC. I hope we don't turn this into an objectivist vs subjectivist type discussion, there is enough room for more than one type of Pizza in my stomach. :pizza:

I think we can all agree pizza is delicious. Even though I now have to make my own pizza to avoid onion and garlic allergies. At least "desert pizza" is still safe. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

By the way I studied Conflict Analysis and Resolution at George Mason and also studied it for a semester in the Levant. Here is a video of me at Al Aqsa/Temple Mount in Jerusalem/Al Quds working for peace.

I think we can also all agree Hummus is good too. Thanks to Bruno.

https://giordanos.com

I have eaten at Giordano's in Chicago about a half dozen times and by far it is my favorite pizza. We have a couple of them now in Indiana but prior to that I used to have them Fed Exed to me packed in dry ice. The best deal was to buy three at a time cause shipping was the same if you ordered one. I can abide thin crust, if I have to, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread