What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jun 18, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #8,417 of 14,564
Question for @Baldr
You have mentioned that you guys are working on new a USB implementation. Will this new implementation allow for charging mobile devices if they are plugged in as sources, like my car does? Tablets and cellphones specifically. Would be really nice if I could keep my phone or tablet plugged into my Schiit to stay charged while I listen over USB to Spotify, Tidal, etc.

Jun 18, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #8,418 of 14,564
Question for @Baldr
You have mentioned that you guys are working on new a USB implementation. Will this new implementation allow for charging mobile devices if they are plugged in as sources, like my car does? Tablets and cellphones specifically. Would be really nice if I could keep my phone or tablet plugged into my Schiit to stay charged while I listen over USB to Spotify, Tidal, etc.
No engineer but sounds like more signal interference.

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #8,421 of 14,564
Wow, two rings down. It's a pretty massive artistic thing to absorb twice in eleven days. I did cry a little bit at the end of the Götterdämmerung the second time around. I didn't clap at the end (though some of the basic bi tches there clapped before the music had finished) because I think that last minute of the opera changes from Bühnenfestspiel into Bühnenweihfestspiel—and you don't clap when a priest delivers communion. Indeed, I heard a talk a few months ago about how Parsifal is really the fifth cycle of the Ring, and Kundry is Brünnhilde's final incarnation. Kinda buy it, kinda don't.

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #8,422 of 14,564
Wow, two rings down. It's a pretty massive artistic thing to absorb twice in eleven days. I did cry a little bit at the end of the Götterdämmerung the second time around. I didn't clap at the end (though some of the basic bi tches there clapped before the music had finished) because I think that last minute of the opera changes from Bühnenfestspiel into Bühnenweihfestspiel—and you don't clap when a priest delivers communion. Indeed, I heard a talk a few months ago about how Parsifal is really the fifth cycle of the Ring, and Kundry is Brünnhilde's final incarnation. Kinda buy it, kinda don't.
You are really into this!

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #8,423 of 14,564
Wow, two rings down. It's a pretty massive artistic thing to absorb twice in eleven days.

From this point on I shall refer to you as The RingMaster!! :wink:

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #8,424 of 14,564
From this point on I shall refer to you as The RingMaster!! :wink:

Wouldn't that be Sauron?

hvDdzGJ.jpg

Jun 18, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #8,426 of 14,564
Question for @Baldr
My Sound Blaster E5 supports that, but apparently it's not easy. It has a micro USB that is used when hooked up to a computer. You can also use this with an OTG cable on a phone, but without something like USB Audio Player Pro it won't produce any sound. And then you have its USB type A port, for the so called host mode. That's the one that can charge your phone while using the E5 as a DAC. I'm sure Creative would have just used one port if you could do it that way. But the host device charges the guest device, and you usually wouldn't want your DAC charging your desktop PC.

Jun 18, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #8,427 of 14,564
Yeah, you could be right, it might not be easy. I just know my automobile allows music to be played from my phone via the USB port, and charges the device at the same time. I haven't hooked a laptop up to that same jack, so I don't know what would happen if I did. All I think I know about USB is there a lot of differing standards and protocols. They don't all play nice together, and USB C is even worse, that can actually wreck your device. I haven't bought any USB-c cables that weren't OEM stuff or items approved/tested by Benson Leung. Even then my 6p charger is dangerous to use on Non 6p phones.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #8,429 of 14,564
Taxiing toward takeoff from sfo to Schiphol

Yet another European tour begins! Twitter updates will abound @bosiemoncrieff

Yes i have a schiitload of Sudden Coffee

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #8,430 of 14,564
Taxiing toward takeoff from sfo to Schiphol

Yet another European tour begins! Twitter updates will abound @bosiemoncrieff

Yes i have a schiitload of Sudden Coffee

Safe travels! Have a good time. Don't forget to visit the cafes in Amsterdam :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back