1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)

Discussion in 'Mike Moffat (Baldr)' started by baldr, Oct 13, 2015.
First

Back
449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458
460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469
Next

Last
  1. artur9
    Well, all I can say is (1) that cat looks like it went splat against a window pane and (2) you're trying to hypnotize me.

HST, having lived with a cat for 17y (had to be put down about a month ago) and never growing to like them, the hypnosis is not going to work. Nice try.

Finally, what's the ENB on that cat, INL, and what does its -90dB sine wave look like?

US Blues and FLTWS like this.
  2. sublime9
    Amirm was always cordial and lucid. But... this whole episode has a good cop, bad cop, worse cop, asshole cop, hitler cop organized feel to it. Maybe it was just piling on, but it seemed orchestrated.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  3. GearMe
    Well...I actually liked this painting...until you told me it was Opera related! :ksc75smile:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    Oveja Negra and FLTWS like this.
  4. wink
    Shoulda bin cat related.......:ksc75smile:

Oveja Negra and GearMe like this.
  5. wink
    Cat Opera "Die Fliedermaus"
    [​IMG]

Caterache "I wish my brother George was here to see me..."
    [​IMG]

Listening to Wagner...
    [​IMG]

6. wink
    [​IMG]

upload_2018-2-11_0-22-42.png ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

czrtly, RCBinTN, Don Hills and 3 others like this.
  7. US Blues
    We need more measurements of stuff nobody can hear. :smirk_cat:

8. Abtr
    As one data point, IME, the Schiit Modi 2 multibit DAC is quite sensitive to electrical noise from USB sources (PC or other streaming devices). The USB interface of the Modi MB isn't galvanically isolated from the DAC circuitry so noise gets through and ultimately *audibly* distorts the analogue output. This is of course quite bad, but it can be said to be not a fault of the Schiit unit; it's a noise problem of the USB source that can be solved at the source.

Regardless, Schiit seem to have fixed the potential problem, with their GEN3 USB interface and Eitr USB to S/PDIF converter. Personally, with the Modi 2 multibit, I use an Intona galvanic USB isolator and an Uptone Audio LPS-1 (to inject clean USB bus power at the DAC's input). Sounds great! :)

9. Ableza
    I highly recommend you research the term "galvanic isolation" and what the Schiit team has to say about it.

10. MWSVette
    Schiit Gen 3 USB was only available on the Yggy. The new Gen 5 available on all upgradeable units is even better. As I stated in my post I do not use them for noise or sonic improvement. The reason I use the Wyrds is my computer is about 10' from my DACs and prior to my Wyrds the USB signal would occasionally drop out. Schiit generally recommends a run of less than 3'. The Wyrds corrected that particular problem without causing additional other issues. Might pick up an Eitr for my nonGen 5 Schiit and other dacs...

11. Abtr
    I meant Gen 5, not Gen 3. My bad. And, IME, USB audio doesn't "suck." :)

12. MWSVette
    I believe @Baldr 's exact quote regarding USB in general is "it sounds like ass..."

Of course YYMV, yada yada, yada...

Ableza likes this.
  13. Abtr
    They say: "our Gen 5 USB features full galvanic isolation via transformers"
    http://www.schiit.com/products/yggdrasil

14. Ableza
    They probably got tired of trying to educate people and gave in to using a meaningless audiophile buzzword.

15. liamo
    I always thought of it more like “Yeah, I got your galvanic isolation, right here! (exaggerated pelvic thrust).”

Ableza likes this.
First

Back
449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458
460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469
Next

Last