1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)

Discussion in 'Mike Moffat (Baldr)' started by baldr, Oct 13, 2015.
First

Back
440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449
451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460
Next

Last
  1. Ali-Pacha
    Apart from the crossover glitch, measurements of Yggdrasil are good to very good, cf. atomicbob, stereophile, etc..
    Ok, it's not the same price as Bifrost, let alone the Topping stuff praised by @amirm (I need a replacement for my now gone HiFimediy 9018, D30 could be interesting though to feed my equally cheap SMSL SA50...I've GAS for chinese cheap stuff from time to time :D ), but it's strange to see how bad the Bifrost measures as it is the same guy(s) behind it

Ali

2. D2Girls
  3. D2Girls
    I talked to Amir and he seems cool and is absolutely has nothing against schiit and no bias towards their gear. He was just reporting his measurements.

VintageFlanker likes this.
  4. Rowethren
    Jason had said at least twice that his thread was the wrong one, might not have been aimed at amirm but it was said nonetheless. I guess it was the straw that broke the camels back.

5. US Blues
    @Baldr- perhaps it's not my place to say, but as a long time reader of this thread, there are perhaps a couple of rectums and sphincters whose removal would make for more enjoyable reading.

PS- Thanks for the Analog 2 upgrade. My Yggy is back from it's spa treatment and revealing new, audible dimensions of music in my silver discs.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    RCBinTN, Pandahead, Ableza and 3 others like this.
  6. liamo
    He got one click from me and won’t get another but not biased? Horse hockey, and BTW, that power toggle will outlast us all.

7. Ableza
    A -90db measurement? I defer to my friend Kevin Haskins, quoted in my sig line.

kehorton, dmckean44, US Blues and 6 others like this.
  8. loki993
    And Im sure if they were so inclined Mike and /or Jason could post us a 5000 word dissertation on why they chose that particular power toggle and the others they tried that sucked for one reason or another.

I have seen no other manufacturer or really business out there more willing to engage their customers, and detractors, as these guys do, they provide far more information on how they make their products, what goes into making them and the processes they use to make them then they probably should even. They don't have to do it, but they do, that means something im my book and makes me more inclined to believe what they say over another person.

9. MWSVette
    Used your sig in a quote this morning, its right on point for this discussion...

:)

RCBinTN, liamo, Ableza and 1 other person like this.
  10. BagelJoe
    My question would regard the provenance of the tested Bifrost. As in art, because you say it’s a davinci doesn’t make it so. One must provide proof and it’s history (provenance). This unit provided by someone to the tester is as JJ wrote earlier probably defective. But why? From Schiit as a defective unit or, since there was a loose screw, did someone screw with it before it got to the tester. If the on loan unit tested so poorly, would you not request or purchase a new unit from Schiit to replicate the measurements? Or at least question why a popular piece of gear tested so poorly?

I’m not a scientist or someone who tests gear for a living or hobby. Just some questions I think it would be prudent to ask.

11. winders
    Or, we could just ignore you. That’s what I am going to do.......

NoahFence, RCBinTN and Byronb like this.
  12. DrTone
    I'm not sure provenance of the DAC or it being faulty is a reason considering Amir's measurements are pretty close to atomicbob's. Their conclusions are completely different is what I'd like to know why about.

That said I love the sound of the Yggy Analog 2.

13. Ableza
    An anomaly at -90db JUST DOESN'T MATTER. It's like the old "if a tree falls in the woods" question. It doesn't matter if it makes a sound or not since no one can hear it. It's called "reality."

Kn1nJa, Odin412, sam6550a and 6 others like this.
  14. bosiemoncrieff

But as you know the number of bits is far less important than the quality of the bits. And the important takeaway is that they aren't Levanite bits; they're Nézet-Séguin bits.

FLTWS likes this.
  15. DrTone
    I agree on the glitch. The suggested 10 bits of resolution and channel imbalance more specifically.

First

Back
440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449
451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460
Next

Last