What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jul 10, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #3,774 of 14,563
Spent much of the day at Schiit today with my 2nd copy of a home brew turntable (the first still living at home). It has an oddball motor setup which Jason helped with packaging (the one at home has an ugly gimpy U-shaped motor enclosure with the bottom bent into a four side hollowed out cube). Jason figured out a can for the motor. It removes a lot of the fugliness but is still not quite ready for prime time cosmetically. Getting there, though.

Unusual as it is, in its design, it may be nearly ready for market, that is if I do it. Without giving up the whole enchilada, it is an inverted bearing, aluminum platter, exoskeleton aluminum plinth with carbon fiber arm which IMHO sounds RFG in the context of the TTs I own (and I have a lot of them). The arm is versatile and will work with all carts I have tried (Deccas to MMs to MCs) and will NOT be priced at the level of typical botique TTs (read Bifrost to Gungnirish as a goal).

It will be up and running at the Schittr later this week for user input. Anyone pointing and laughing will tied up and forced to listen to continuous pop music on a cheap Delta Sigma DAC.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 10, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #3,775 of 14,563
Without giving up the whole enchilada, it is an inverted bearing, aluminum platter, exoskeleton aluminum plinth with carbon fiber arm which IMHO sounds RFG in the context of the TTs I own (and I have a lot of them). The arm is versatile and will work with all carts I have tried (Deccas to MMs to MCs) and will NOT be priced at the level of typical botique TTs (read Bifrost to Gungnirish as a goal).
My listening has been all digital for a long time, but I still own some lovely vinyl that I've been saving for when I can find a TT that is worthy but not totally ridiculous in size or price. Hum...

Jul 10, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #3,776 of 14,563
Threaten them to have to listen to ABBA and Diana Krall for hrs on end.

JJ (to bad their isn't an ear bleed smilie)

Jul 10, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #3,777 of 14,563
It will be up and running at the Schittr later this week for user input. Anyone pointing and laughing will tied up and forced to listen to continuous pop music on a cheap Delta Sigma DAC.

Should be around somewhere in August 3-6. I'm coming from Venice; if I arrive late morning and am out by 1 or 1:30 do you think I'll miss schiity 405 rush hour traffic?

Jul 10, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #3,778 of 14,563
Spent much of the day at Schiit today with my 2nd copy of a home brew turntable (the first still living at home). It has an oddball motor setup which Jason helped with packaging (the one at home has an ugly gimpy U-shaped motor enclosure with the bottom bent into a four side hollowed out cube). Jason figured out a can for the motor. It removes a lot of the fugliness but is still not quite ready for prime time cosmetically. Getting there, though.

Unusual as it is, in its design, it may be nearly ready for market, that is if I do it. Without giving up the whole enchilada, it is an inverted bearing, aluminum platter, exoskeleton aluminum plinth with carbon fiber arm which IMHO sounds RFG in the context of the TTs I own (and I have a lot of them). The arm is versatile and will work with all carts I have tried (Deccas to MMs to MCs) and will NOT be priced at the level of typical botique TTs (read Bifrost to Gungnirish as a goal).

This Is very intriguing. Looking forward to pictures and Impressions of both the Prototype TT and of those being tortured.

Jul 10, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #3,780 of 14,563
Got rid of 1700 albums 25 years ago. Now I feel stupid.
Ah well. I did a lot of stupid things in my life.

No going back for me either, too old, too many CD's.
I sold around 900 LP's that have all been replaced by CD's at this point, even some esoteric labeled ones eventually got to the silver disc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back