What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Jan 20, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #1,742 of 14,564

If you put out a version that *only* runs on electricity, I am so buying it. 
bigsmile_face.gif

FTFY...   
L3000.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #1,743 of 14,564
If you need an alpha testor for the BSD version, I would not need hand holding, and think Bigro and rmoody would also be qualified.

So, when will pkg install manhattan work? :wink:

Jan 20, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #1,745 of 14,564
Jan 21, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #1,753 of 14,564
Hi, Mike!
There are some question I had been wishing to ask for a long time about the digital filter implemented in Schiit's new multibit DACs, but never did.

So, here they are:

1) Is this (megacomboburrito) filter exactly the same once found in the Theta Digital D/A converters?  Or is the Schiit one a more refined, better optimized version (or evolution) of that one?
2a) If the Schiit filter is a more refined version of the Theta filter (I understand that the two would be conceptually more similar than different, in any case), is this because you managed to refine it recently or you already had it available and 'perfected' at the time, but you couldn't implement it due to (for example) hardware constraints back then?
2b) [closely related] In this latter case (i.e. if Theta digital filter was the same as Schiit's current one), should you have had a more powerful DSP processor than that Motorola one at that time, do you feel the digital filter section of the Theta DACs designed by you would be the same as the Schiit multibit DACs?

I'm just genuinely curious about whether your supermegacomboburrito filter is something you perfected during all this time or you were somehow held back by the computing power and/or hardware restrictions of that time and 'forced' to implement a 'lesser perfect' version of that very filter?

Anyway, as a Schiit gear owner, thank you for all the wonderful audio devices you designed, along with Jason and all the people working at Schiit!
And thanks for your patience and time!

PS - Looking forward to seeing the Manhattan Project, whatever it's gonna be!

Jan 21, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #1,754 of 14,564
  1) Is this (megacomboburrito) filter exactly the same once found in the Theta Digital D/A converters?  Or is the Schiit one a more refined, better optimized version (or evolution) of that one?

As far as I understood, the megacomboburrito filter is first of a kind in Yggy. Development took a long time and it only recently came to fruition.

Theta mostly used "off-the-shelf" digital filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back