What 80's (cartoon) series would you like to see as a movie?
Jul 11, 2007 at 3:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

Singapura

500+ Head-Fier
After seeing Transformers the Movie I got into a discussion which other series would make great full budget movies. Post your favourites and who knows, Steven Spielberg might be watching! Heman was already moviefied once but would make a great special effects movie nowadays!

Jul 11, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 50
JQuest baby!!

Hahaha nah it would probably be lame.

Jul 11, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #3 of 50
Robotech live action. Not macross music love fest live action...

Jul 11, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #4 of 50
Voted for “other”

I think a live action “Thundercats” feature would have a lot of potential, as long as they don't camp it up and make the characters look like “Cats” the musical!
tongue.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #6 of 50
pffft. you didnt even list the good ones!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #7 of 50
Vote: Other
Because there are billions of books out there with NEW material to be seen and heard and somewhere out there are creative people writing NEW things.

Granted I really liked Transformers and never watched the cartoon. Not my time frame. Tho they could have done a better job, I enjoyed the movie Lost in Space. Now they're remaking the Wizard of Oz, again. C'mon people! There is some really wonderful storeis out there ready for the making!! How about a Starman Jones? Or Rendevous with Rama? Or Gateway? How about a David Star Space Ranger series? Or the adventures of Flinx? Jackson conquered LotR, so let's move on! And I know no one is brave enough to even contemplate the Silmarillion. If you can do Hitchiker's, then for goodnes sake, please give Tuff Voyaging a go! No, instead I have to endure Bubba Ho-Tep and the Man with the Screaming Brain. [Turns to Van Helsing and says, "Just stake me now."]

Jul 11, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #8 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel Pusher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Voted for “other”

I think a live action “Thundercats” feature would have a lot of potential, as long as they don't camp it up and make the characters look like “Cats” the musical!
tongue.gif

Exactly...you beat me to it.

Voltron would completely kick some ass....

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #9 of 50
Quote:

pffft. you didnt even list the good ones!

Feel free to expand! I didn't want to make the list too long
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 8:45 AM Post #10 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vote: Other
Because there are billions of books out there with NEW material to be seen and heard and somewhere out there are creative people writing NEW things.

Granted I really liked Transformers and never watched the cartoon. Not my time frame. Tho they could have done a better job, I enjoyed the movie Lost in Space. Now they're remaking the Wizard of Oz, again. C'mon people! There is some really wonderful storeis out there ready for the making!! How about a Starman Jones? Or Rendevous with Rama? Or Gateway? How about a David Star Space Ranger series? Or the adventures of Flinx? Jackson conquered LotR, so let's move on! And I know no one is brave enough to even contemplate the Silmarillion. If you can do Hitchiker's, then for goodnes sake, please give Tuff Voyaging a go! No, instead I have to endure Bubba Ho-Tep and the Man with the Screaming Brain. [Turns to Van Helsing and says, "Just stake me now."]

Most books are too long for a movie to do them justice. You need a tv series like Song of Ice and Fire on HBO to do real books justice. Fingers crossed on that one.

Jul 11, 2007 at 8:47 AM Post #11 of 50
Johnny Quest the 80s? I was watching that in the 60s!

Jul 12, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #13 of 50
Last I heard, a He-Man live action movie is currently in the works.

I would love to a Robotech one, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back