What $150 or less power cord for a dac?
Nov 27, 2008 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

spacemanspliff

Headphoneus Supremus
Title says it all. I want to get a decent power cord for my Oritek Dac. I read that something around 14 awg that breathes? is a good idea. Looking at Mapleshade Double Helix Mk I or II atm.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 7
Check out the IEGO power cables on Audiogon. They are $69 or something around there and I use them on my whole system. I really like them. Also try a search for them on Audiocircle.com. There are quite a few users there.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by PUGSTUB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out the IEGO power cables on Audiogon. They are $69 or something around there and I use them on my whole system. I really like them. Also try a search for them on Audiocircle.com. There are quite a few users there.

Those look good. I got one of those Tributaries series 9 10 awg cables for my amp from audio adviser. It was about $45 shipped. They seem too heavy for a dac though.

Nov 27, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #5 of 7
If you have a "SVT 18 awg" power cord laying around, it won't hurt to give it a shot. Most people have one around; they're usually grey or tan "throwaway" cords that came with stuff you bought.

I've got one on my Oritek Zhaolu right now; and for some unexplained reason, it sounds less colored and more open than many, Many audiophile cords in my collection. It may be dumb luck or dumb synergy, but worth a shot if you've got one
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #7 of 7
I got the Gutwire.

It is an awesome upgrade. Like I have a new dac. Also got the TrippLite L250 power conditioner. Ori suggested it. Detail is pretty much maxxed out on this system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back