What’s your favorite 2ch speaker pair currently?
Jun 16, 2020 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 104

IEMusic

Headphoneus Supremus
I’ve personally been a big fan of Sonus Faber and Dynaudio for a long time, and I really would like a pair of high-end active speakers someday.

At this stage in my life, it‘s mostly personal audio though. I’m grateful for the development of such amazing personal audio equipment, but I certainly still miss a full-size stereo.

What speakers are you listening to?

My former stereo setup :smile: ..... if only.
9BBAB5A0-001A-4FE6-A541-CEF23D368483.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 104
The pair I've been lusting over lately is the Klipsch Heresy IV.

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #3 of 104
Love my pair of active Speakers.
Its the Elac Air-X 407 oiled walnut.
Very clean and resolving sound paired with the Audio GD R28. :)

Jun 21, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #4 of 104
Any Klipschorn fans?

Jun 21, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #6 of 104
Any Klipschorn fans?
I'm sure I would be if I had Klipschorn money! I intend to finance a pair of Heresy IV's this year.

Jun 23, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #7 of 104
DALI Oberon 3, they have a nice character in the highs that is also even, and the casing is bright wood and the front cover fabric is a bit like a grey jeans, behind that you see a bit of white plastic just like the K701 has, triggers a lot of joy for me. But not sure if sound without bi-amped is the best, and I had to tilt-eq out the brightness like crazy with a graphical EQ, tried settings for months, finally happy. No noise floor in near-field, amp is S.M.S.L. SA-36A.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 2:26 AM Post #8 of 104
Anyone heard JBL Studio 230? They are listed for around a grand on ebay and I have a new pair that I got for a hundred bucks at Frys day after xmas sale in 2018 and never opened / forgot about. Two sound demo youtubers liked them a lot and both compared to SVS Ultra. Not sure if I even want to open those or not they actually do look sort of like JBL's latest high end bookshelf horn loaded and similar waveguide. Could be a keeper.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #9 of 104
Well there is no low-end there, and seems kinda expensive. I'm not sure there is much left from JBL consumer worth buying although I saw they were bringing back some big honkin' monitor style speakers in limited editions.

Jun 28, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #10 of 104
AVI ADM 9.1 RS with the upgraded tweeters. I hardly listen to my 2 channel setup these days (it’s either my multi channel which does great stereo or headphones), so I should sell the speakers, but I just can’t seem to face letting them go. They can occasionally be a little bass short but otherwise they sound great - specious and dynamic and they are happy to be placed close to walls to make the most of space.

Jul 18, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #12 of 104
I’ve had a pair of JBL L7s that I have used as my fronts for about 20 years. Since then I bought a pair of L5s for surrounds and a single L1 bookshelf for the center. More interested in music (especially multi-channel) than movies. Also have a pair of PSA V1500 subs to round out 5.2 set up. The JBLs are widely regarded as the last of their exceptional consumer-grade speakers because they were the last ones designed before JBL was bought out by Harmon. Big full range towers with subs are difficult to find and are VERY expensive when you do. I will keep these until I can’t find parts to fix them as upgrading them today would cost a small fortune.

May 1, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #13 of 104
The pair I've been lusting over lately is the Klipsch Heresy IV.
I'd love to get a pair of these to use in my loungeroom paired to my vintage NAD 3020e.

May 7, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #14 of 104
I'd love to get a pair of these to use in my loungeroom paired to my vintage NAD 3020e.
I'd love the Heresy or Forte or Cornwall IV. Jut got a big promotion at work so the Cornwall IV is no longer out of budget. Problem is I'd be running it from an A/V receiver until I got an amp that was up to the task. I would also need another pair of subs, my current Best Buy Klipsch subs are fine in my home theater setup but I wouldn't pair them with a 5 thousand dollar pair of loudspeakers lol.

May 7, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #15 of 104
I'd love the Heresy or Forte or Cornwall IV. Jut got a big promotion at work so the Cornwall IV is no longer out of budget. Problem is I'd be running it from an A/V receiver until I got an amp that was up to the task. I would also need another pair of subs, my current Best Buy Klipsch subs are fine in my home theater setup but I wouldn't pair them with a 5 thousand dollar pair of loudspeakers lol.
But that’s the beauty of Klipsch, it takes very little power to make them sing. The AVR would do for now, until you could purchase a dedicated 2ch setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back