Wh- what is this???
Mar 17, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #16 of 82

jjcha

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Posts
3,592
Likes
44
Heh, Carl, stop taunting us! What do you know about your mysterious Lambda lookalikes but not soundalikes??

Inquiring minds want to know.... esp if they're normally biased!
biggrin.gif


Best,

-Jason
 
Mar 17, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #17 of 82

Carl

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Posts
5,368
Likes
16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, Carl, stop taunting us! What do you know about your mysterious Lambda lookalikes but not soundalikes??


But surely Head-fi would know. Head-fi knows of every headphone in existance, right?!

Quote:

Inquiring minds want to know.... esp if they're normally biased!
biggrin.gif


Nope, 580v, pro bias.
 
Mar 17, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #18 of 82

jjcha

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Posts
3,592
Likes
44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But surely Head-fi would know. Head-fi knows of every headphone in existance, right?!


Heh, I'd say yes, but Snake hasn't been around much lately
wink.gif


(no offense intended to the other Stax old-timers hereabouts. )

Best,

-Jason
 
Mar 17, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #20 of 82

mirumu

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Posts
1,421
Likes
12
It's using the OCC cable so unless it's recabled it at least must be a model released since the Lambda Signature. I'd think maybe it was a Lambda Signature but the head spring looks the same as the 404 and as far as I'm aware, the Lambda Signature head spring does not.
 
Mar 17, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #21 of 82

John Buchanan

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 10, 2003
Posts
842
Likes
91
Location
Margaret River, Western Australia
The only phone that looks like the 404 externally is the Lambda Nova Signature (the Lambda Signature had a different arc set and cable), but the driver is different. If you had them both the correct way up, they would look the same. Why they don't sound alike is anyone's guess.
 
Mar 17, 2007 at 7:18 AM Post #22 of 82

Carl

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Posts
5,368
Likes
16
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Buchanan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only phone that looks like the 404 externally is the Lambda Nova Signature (the Lambda Signature had a different arc set and cable), but the driver is different. If you had them both the correct way up, they would look the same. Why they don't sound alike is anyone's guess.


It's not a Nova.
 
Mar 17, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #28 of 82

krmathis

Head-Fi's Most Prolific Poster
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Posts
34,764
Likes
74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa, what is that?
eek.gif
SR-SC1 eh?
http://earsp.web.fc2.com/ab/srsc1/srsc1.htm

Interesting... Based on the 404 but not quite...
biggrin.gif



They are cryo treated SR-404's. Not sure if there are other differences as well...
Would be great if 'Pixel Pusher' could let us into how they sound compared to a regular SR-404.
 
Mar 17, 2007 at 9:51 AM Post #29 of 82

Carl

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Posts
5,368
Likes
16
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are cryo treated SR-404's. Not sure if there are other differences as well...
Would be great if 'Pixel Pusher' could let us into how they sound compared to a regular SR-404.



Alternatively you could ask the guy with a 404, 4070, ∑ Pro and SC-1 in front of him....
 
Mar 17, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #30 of 82

krmathis

Head-Fi's Most Prolific Poster
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Posts
34,764
Likes
74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alternatively you could ask the guy with a 404, 4070, ∑ Pro and SC-1 in front of him....


So they really are SR-SC1's?
If so, you have to let us in on how they sound compared to the SR-404.
lambda.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top