Westone's dropping quality control
Apr 12, 2011 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cornelius

New Head-Fier
Hello All,

I wonder if i'm the only one wondering if Westone's quality control is dropping.

I purchased my first pair of UM1 in-ear monitors in Singapore about 8 months ago (August 2010). However, after I arrived here in the United States for studies, the right monitor (red) became significantly softer than the left side (blue). This happened exactly 2 months ago (February 2011). Dropped an email to Westone regarding my plight but they did not respond to me.

Stupidly, I decided to buy another pair from their official website because i assumed they did not want to replace my previous one for me. The former one was purchased from a distributor in Singapore. The new UM1 got shipped in on 2nd March and i thought that the same issue would not arise again. However, today (11th April 2011), the exact same problem surfaced once again. THE VOLUME FROM THE RIGHT MONITOR DROPPED SIGNIFICANTLY.

How can a new piece face the same problem again when I have only used it less than 20 times since opening it? Furthermore, i've been leaving it in my room, only to use it when listening to songs on my macbook.

Just dropped an email to customer service (AGAIN) and I CERTAINLY HOPE THEY REPLY.

Westone certainly has to do something about its products, and then maybe its customer service.

Regards,
Cornelius

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #3 of 5
It sounds like your filter got clogged to me as well. Did you check that yet?

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 5
Yes i've checked. The filters aren't clogged. Anyway, i don't think its possible for it to be clogged after just a month of use. And i've used it like barely 20 times! Will definitely call them tomorrow. Extremely unhappy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back