Westone W80
Mar 8, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #466 of 1,446

why would a regular consumer need to do all of that? thats not my job, my job is a regular consumer, I purchase the product, I use the product, I voiced my opinion as well as everyone who bought the product. All of those mumbo jumbo you posted are what westone engineer should be doing.

You made a claim and you will need evidence to back up that claim. If you noted that your comments were anecdotal only and based on just your experiences, then that's fine as a consumer. But you made generalized claim without evidence and it was that generalization I wanted to clarify. Nothing personal at all. 
smile.gif
 That reliability testing is often used by engineers (like me) to validate a product's suitability.

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #467 of 1,446
As far as the 846, I sold it because it was painful to my ears after an hour or so and the sound was not even close to the W80, which I can keep in place for hours without discomfort.
Would I buy the 846 because it looks "prettier" or the W80 because sounds much better and is way more comfortable?
Like any reasonable customer, what I would do is stay away from what I don't like or want.
And I don't see much of a reason to keep posting at the 846 thread since I am done with them.
If somebody doesn't like the W80, thats perfectly fine, go hang around the thread of the IEM's you like. No offense. Just common sense.

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #468 of 1,446

I'm not saying you're lying.
redface.gif
 Just that without evidence like thermal cycling, extended life testing, shock & vibe testing, drop testing, etc..., your comments are only conjecture. 

why would a regular consumer need to do all of that? thats not my job, my job is a regular consumer, I purchase the product, I use the product, I voiced my opinion as well as everyone who bought the product. All of those mumbo jumbo you posted are what westone engineer should be doing. What am I paying $1000 for?

I think what Peter (@MacedonianHero) is implying, what you said is your personal opinion, not a general fact
wink.gif
  It's just a different perspective of looking at things, and as an opinion - that's what the head-fi forum is for, to express one, though sometimes it feels like
deadhorse.gif
 lol!!!

If this would be a fact, all Westone threads would be flooded with daily/weekly complaints from different people. And quite frankly, as much as you have a beef with Westone (at least from reading your posts), in the last week you bought W60 (came back to get another pair, to replace one earpiece you lost, right?) and you also just bought W80
biggrin.gif
  So, despite your concerns, you are drawn back to buy more
wink.gif

And speaking of a personal opinion, which is obviously not a fact, when I was reviewing W60 I had many people asking me about SE846 comparison, so I ended up getting a loaner for a week from someone, and did a close a/b comparison.  Absolutely true, they were build like a tank, and they also felt like tank in my ears where I had to take them out every 10-15min, to take a break.  I loved the bass, but found upper frequencies to sound artificial for my taste (tried different filters).  Again, this is just my personal subjective opinion, and the fit issue is just a bad "synergy" with my ear anatomy
tongue.gif
  But it doesn't make it a fact they are bad since others enjoy them.  But anyway.
beerchug.gif

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #469 of 1,446

You made a claim and you will need evidence to back up that claim. If you noted that your comments were anecdotal only and based on just your experiences, then that's fine as a consumer. But you made generalized claim without evidence and it was that generalization I wanted to clarify. Nothing personal at all. 
smile.gif
 That reliability testing is often used by engineers (like me) to validate a product's suitability.

The evidence is by everyone who complaining about it (including me), specifically the build quality feeling cheap and the faceplate is easily cracked. It is just not a one time incident nor is it just me, if you go on W60 forum you can clearly see people are frustrate with it. If you dont consider that as "claim" then I dont know what else to tell you? I'll be happy if you fork over a couple grand, I'll buy the W60 and test them daily, I swear I will. 

What about the people who dont visit headfi? are they not credible? My friend is not a head-fi member, if he comes on and show you his pic of the W60 coming apart, how credible is he?  the problem with head-fi (or any forum) is no one will listen to people who have less than 100 post, but people like you who have 15000+ post they will listen all day long, "because he have 15000+ post he must know what the hell he's talking about, that guy with a broken faceplate only have 100 post, he probaly dont know how to use his expensive IEM."

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #470 of 1,446

I think what Peter (@MacedonianHero) is implying, what you said is your personal opinion, not a general fact
wink.gif
  It's just a different perspective of looking at things, and as an opinion - that's what the head-fi forum is for, to express one, though sometimes it feels like
deadhorse.gif
 lol!!!

If this would be a fact, all Westone threads would be flooded with daily/weekly complaints from different people. And quite frankly, as much as you have a beef with Westone (at least from reading your posts), in the last week you bought W60 (came back to get another pair, to replace one earpiece you lost, right?) and you also just bought W80
biggrin.gif
  So, despite your concerns, you are drawn back to buy more
wink.gif

And speaking of a personal opinion, which is obviously not a fact, when I was reviewing W60 I had many people asking me about SE846 comparison, so I ended up getting a loaner for a week from someone, and did a close a/b comparison.  Absolutely true, they were build like a tank, and they also felt like tank in my ears where I had to take them out every 10-15min, to take a break.  I loved the bass, but found upper frequencies to sound artificial for my taste (tried different filters).  Again, this is just my personal subjective opinion, and the fit issue is just a bad "synergy" with my ear anatomy
tongue.gif
  But it doesn't make it a fact they are bad since others enjoy them.  But anyway.
beerchug.gif

I'm just replying to people, but people keep edging me on like I dont know what the hell I'm talking about, the other guy asking for "claims" as if this is only happening to me. I did state I love westone sounds quality and Ergonomics, I also did state that I'm a westone fanboy. I just expect westone to give a little more than shure, if not in the build quality then atleast give a better warranty. I forgot, is this a forum where we list the things we love and voice our opinion or is this just a circle jerk, everyone get their ecstacy and everyone praise how wonderful a product is and let the company just continue on with the status quo?

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #471 of 1,446

smile.gif

The evidence is by everyone who complaining about it (including me), specifically the build quality feeling cheap and the faceplate is easily cracked. It is just not a one time incident nor is it just me, if you go on W60 forum you can clearly see people are frustrate with it. If you dont consider that as "claim" then I dont know what else to tell you? I'll be happy if you fork over a couple grand, I'll buy the W60 and test them daily, I swear I will. 

What about the people who dont visit headfi? are they not credible? My friend is not a head-fi member, if he comes on and show you his pic of the W60 coming apart, how credible is he?  the problem with head-fi (or any forum) is no one will listen to people who have less than 100 post, but people like you who have 15000+ post they will listen all day long, "because he have 15000+ post he must know what the hell he's talking about, that guy with a broken faceplate only have 100 post, he probaly dont know how to use his expensive IEM."

Man, doesn't matter if you have 500, 5k, or 15k posts, your voice matters and opinion counts!  Any headphone model you google will return back search results with Head-fi link being at the top.  So, people will find the thread, and will read through all the posts to see if anybody else having the same problem (especially when people posts pictures which are more relatable), how many people having the same problem, and how it was resolved.

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #472 of 1,446
I think we all heard you loud and clear.

Some people have issues - some don't. Usually the ones with issues are "louder" in the echo chamber than the thousands of happy customers who don't have any issues. That's the way it is.

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #473 of 1,446

I don't want to say this over and over again, but your comments were generalized stating IEM A was definitively better than B. And only based on limited anecdotal evidence. I mentioned that I was only pointing out that your comments were just that...anecdotal evidence and without any real data or evidence to make such a sweeping statement. My personal anecdotal evidence said otherwise, but again that was just anecdotal. No one cares about post count (and nor should they)...just the value of the comments made. My W60s were used extensively and they were in MINT condition when I sold them after a full year of solid use. And as evidenced here, the customer support by Westone is superb should you have any issues. I hear you on being a big fan of Westone's products, I am too.

Mar 9, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #474 of 1,446

I'm just replying to people, but people keep edging me on like I dont know what the hell I'm talking about, the other guy asking for "claims" as if this is only happening to me. I did state I love westone sounds quality and Ergonomics, I also did state that I'm a westone fanboy. I just expect westone to give a little more than shure, if not in the build quality then atleast give a better warranty. I forgot, is this a forum where we list the things we love and voice our opinion or is this just a circle jerk, everyone get their ecstacy and everyone praise how wonderful a product is and let the company just continue on with the status quo?

wow thats what i said.  You are not alone.  Its like were not allowed to post anything but praises on this thread.

Mar 9, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #475 of 1,446
  wow thats what i said.  You are not alone.  Its like were not allowed to post anything but praises on this thread.

Please take a deep breath and re-read my comments. Please feel free to post your positive and negative comments, but please refrain from making sweeping statements without sweeping evidence. 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #476 of 1,446
Problem is 2 guys keep making a lot of noise. Chill, buy another brand and go to your favorite thread. It is tiresome to keep listening to all this BS. 

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #477 of 1,446
  Problem is 2 guys keep making a lot of noise. Chill, buy another brand and go to your favorite thread. It is tiresome to keep listening to all this BS. 

better idea, if you dont like the comments how about you go to another thread....

The guy was right.  If someone's not giving glorifying praises then theres a huge problem on this thread thats bs.

Btw, whenever I choose to comment I will.  The last time I checked it was a free country.

And no,  its not just two guys.

By the way, dont egg people on if you dont want them to make noise.  The smart thing to do is let them state their opinions and move on.  You're just reopening the wound.

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #478 of 1,446
Can anyone make a comparison between this and K10U and PP8?.. I had K10U but sold it because Encore was being released but now I regret it because Encore is said to be too analytical and bright. I liked K10U signature a lot even though it lacked some energy. I want a smooth, coherent sound with good bass punch and slam and sub-bass presence with smooth yet energetic highs and present low and mid mids. Upper mids shouldn't be forward.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #479 of 1,446

Man, doesn't matter if you have 500, 5k, or 15k posts, your voice matters and opinion counts!  Any headphone model you google will return back search results with Head-fi link being at the top.  So, people will find the thread, and will read through all the posts to see if anybody else having the same problem (especially when people posts pictures which are more relatable), how many people having the same problem, and how it was resolved.

I guaranteed you a person with 15k post has more weighted through people mind then someone with 5 post. It just the way human nature thinks.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #480 of 1,446
  I think we all heard you loud and clear.

Some people have issues - some don't. Usually the ones with issues are "louder" in the echo chamber than the thousands of happy customers who don't have any issues. That's the way it is.

No I'm ready to drop the topic, but when people like macedonian keep replying to me stating that "I dont have a problem with my product, its you" well that just pissed me the hell off, and its not just me, its people that been buying and using the product. A quick search of the word faceplate would definitely tell you what I'm talking about. He is a senior member he should be know better then to stand behind a product that users have been complaining. He lost all credibility when he says "wheres your claim? have you done any stress test on the product?" what a joke...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back