Westone W80 vs Beyerdynamic Xelento
Jun 2, 2018 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

New Head-Fier
Hello audiophiles!

I am planning to buy new IEMs and I had the Westone W80 in mind because I owned Westone IEMs before and liked them.
Now I heard a lot of positive things about the Beyerdynamic Xelento. I want to use them without a headphone am at portable MD players.

Did anybody compare both IEMs? Which sounds better?

Jun 2, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 4
I was looking around for both as well but settled for the W80 because I wanted a warmer but somewhat similar signature to the andromeda.

The size and fit on the w80 has been amazing for me. Best fitting/sealing IEM I've owned.

I'm still planning to buy a pair of xelentos or the AK version since they're dynamic drivers and I like deep low bass.

Jun 3, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 4
I was looking around for both as well but settled for the W80 because I wanted a warmer but somewhat similar signature to the andromeda.

The size and fit on the w80 has been amazing for me. Best fitting/sealing IEM I've owned.

I'm still planning to buy a pair of xelentos or the AK version since they're dynamic drivers and I like deep low bass.

I love Campfire Audio I have the Lyra II and cascades but the Lyras take some work to get the right fit and still need to be adjusted and seems common with CA so that has been stopping me from pulling the trigger on the Andromedas here(even tho the sound is suppose to be amazing
I’ve never owned Westons but if I were to find W60 or W80 are they known to fit more people’s ears with less fit issues?
If so then maybe I should start looking for westones for a fair price instead here in the classifieds

Jun 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #4 of 4
I love Campfire Audio I have the Lyra II and cascades but the Lyras take some work to get the right fit and still need to be adjusted and seems common with CA so that has been stopping me from pulling the trigger on the Andromedas here(even tho the sound is suppose to be amazing
I’ve never owned Westons but if I were to find W60 or W80 are they known to fit more people’s ears with less fit issues?
If so then maybe I should start looking for westones for a fair price instead here in the classifieds

These are the best fitting IEM I've ever owned by far.

I bought mine from a local headfier.

They're about same price as Andromeda pre-owned. Both are very easy to drive as well. I have no hissing issues on my WM1A and LG V30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back