Westone W40 more bass than W30?
Sep 5, 2018 at 9:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nenoneno

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I‘m new to quality in-ear headphones and I decided to spend more money on them, to get more out of my music experience.
I‘m looking at Westone, since they really seem to be made out of great quality parts and have a good reputation. I already read other threads about comparing the W30 and W40, but couldn‘t get an answer for my particular dilema.

I just bought the Westone W30 and after trying it, I feel like there is something missing for my taste. They really are superb in terms of “seperating instruments“. But in terms of bass, I absolutely hear the bass, but I don‘t “feel“ it as much as I would like to. I get that IEM‘s are not meant to be too bass heavy, and I really don‘t want bass heavy in-ear headphones, as they muddy everything I‘m listening to. But I would love to have just a tick more bass in regards of “feeling it“ - sorry if I can‘t put it more precise.

So are the W40 going to do that for me or not?

Thanks in advance for reply.

Sep 5, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #2 of 6
I don't have personal experience with Westone apart from the W80 at an exhibition. Have you tried all the included tips? Getting a good seal can make a huge difference in terms of bass impact.

I believe they are BA drivers? Personally I find you can feel the bass better with dynamic drivers.

Sep 5, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #3 of 6
bought w30 two months ago. never tried w40. i really like this headphone and in my opinion the bass is really good. the only issue is that this iem is a little hard to drive. so, probably, with a good amplifier, the bass is more present

Sep 6, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #4 of 6
Thank you very much for your replies and suggestions. I tried, while listening, to press them just a tiny bit more into the ear and they suddenly sounded just amazing - right to my taste the bass and everything else.

Would you suggest, that this is indeed a tip issue?

Sep 6, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #6 of 6
i use complyfoam. i´m satisfied with this tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back