Westone UM3X [REVIEW]
Jan 3, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #17 of 18
Excellent review. 

I tested a few high end IEMs in a local shop: SE535, UM3X, IE80, TF10, W4 (which I had but sold before this comparison test, details below), and some mid to low end ones: SE425, UM2 (which were my IEMs back then). The player was an iPhone 4s. I played soft rocks, jazz, acoustics and pop songs, which are my favorite musics on the road. To me UM3x songed the best. Ended up I went out with a pair of UM3x RC.

I had W4 before, they sounded great w/ my desktop setup (back then I was using an X-Can V8p as amp), but to me I feel iPhone just couldn't drive them well enough. They sounded not as fanstastic on iPhone, actually they sounded not much better than my much cheaper Sennheiser CX281 with iPhone4s. So I sold them soon after the purchase. Luckily I bought them second hand in mint condition w/ warranty, no loss there. 

I've been w/ the UM3x RC for around 2 months now, don't feel I'd get another pair of IEMs for using on the road. I do have a pair of IE80 which I use in office for some classical and acoustic musics, to me I feel IE80 do sound better for classical musics.

Feb 10, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #18 of 18
Thanks for the great review! I just ordered the RC set based on your results. I listen to the same type of music as you so Im expecting to be quite satisfied with them. I have a Leckterton UHA-6s mkii to pair with them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back