WestOne UM1's ... boring?
Nov 9, 2007 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Matt174e

New Head-Fier
Comfort is a major selling point for me. That's what most people seem to praise the UM1/2 for. I dig the anti-microphics design.

As for the sound, I've heard that's it's dull and "muddy". Is there any bass on these? Is the sound boring?

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 8
They're a little boring, but in a good way. Rolled off at the extremes but very accurate midrange. They don't sound as exciting as say KSC75s, but they're IEMs.

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 8
good IEMs, warmer than say the Etymotic offerings. There is plenty of bass on these, more than you get from the other comparably priced IEM's I've heard. Not overpowering or muddy though.

EXTREMELY comfortable. I love 'em.

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good IEMs, warmer than say the Etymotic offerings. There is plenty of bass on these, more than you get from the other comparably priced IEM's I've heard. Not overpowering or muddy though.

EXTREMELY comfortable. I love 'em.

x2 - I prefer the ER6i's but this is a good description. They're very comfy and great sounding IEM's.

Nov 10, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #5 of 8
Do you prefer the er6i's for the sound details or comfort? How do they compare comfort-wise?

Do the UM1's have more bass than ER6i's? I like to have a "feel" for the bass.

Nov 10, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #6 of 8
UM1's have more bass. I prefer the Ety's because of the detail. Comfort, they're both equally comfortable IMO- that just depends on which tip you use. However, the design of the UM1's is more comfortable for laying down and things like that. I would advise you not to get the ER6i's
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #7 of 8
The comfort is pretty good, I don't think there are any non custom IEMs better in that department. The sound is warm, rolled off at the top. There is bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back