Westone UM1: Why can't they all be like this
Nov 18, 2008 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

captian73

Headphoneus Supremus
Got my "used' Westone UM 1's through the post this morning, and like a kiddie at Christmas, i've been playing with them all morning.

Getting away from the sound for the moment, I wondered; why can't all monitors be like this? The wire doesn't slice your ears off, in fact i can't really feel them, they're a fairly good fit, and they weigh as much as a super model.

Why can't they all be as comfortable as this? They're a delight.

The sound:

after my attack on the Shure's, i have to say they're fairly good. I was excepting a bit more bass, but sound staging, separation and frequency response , is what I'd expect for the price. And unlike the Shure's, you get to hear the bass line, isn't that nice
ksc75smile.gif

I probably won't be investing in Shure's again, but I'd look at the UM2 and UM3's.

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 3
The sound sig is light and detailed. i'm used to UE's and the lightweight bass takes a bit of adjusting. But when you get into it, the sound is well detailed. the Westones i feel concentrate on highs and mids, then bass.

the best thing abo8ut them is the comfort. like most IEM's fitting is a very personal thing, but the over-ear wire doesn't cut in at all, unlike the Shure or UE's., and that's the main advantage with westones. after a while the Shure's feel uncomfortable, the UE's get uncomfortable very quickly (for me) but the Westone's i can keep on for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back