Westone IEM cable replacement
Aug 11, 2011 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RubberDuk

100+ Head-Fier
Aug 11, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #2 of 4
The cables are for the UM2 RC, or the removable cable version of the IEMs, not the normal version. Hope this helps! you could always find some other company ( there are some out there) or you could search around the forums. There are definitely people out there that could replace the non-replaceable cables although they may not be same braided-westone kind

Oh yeah, and changing the cables via an external company will void any warranty as it requires the opening of the IEM shell most of the time and the cable is not westone's parts

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 4
Makes sense, thank you for the information!

I've actually had the cable replaced once with Westone US, which went relatively well.

In truth I'm not all that happy with the company in general. They offer another year of warranty but if and only if you send them the registration card in the box, which you cannot get from anywhere if you happen to lose it (like I did). Naturally it was due to my carelessness but this kind of system sees archaic in this day and age.

In case anyone else is interested: Westone does have European presence these days (in Belgium). They charge 56.80eur (inc. taxes but no shipping) for cable replacement.

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #4 of 4
i just got my westone 4 yesterday, and it seems they no longer have a physical registration card - they have a disk which has a file that lets you register online or print out a registration paper now which you can send by mail. so things have changed since you got the um2.

Quote:
Makes sense, thank you for the information!

I've actually had the cable replaced once with Westone US, which went relatively well.

In truth I'm not all that happy with the company in general. They offer another year of warranty but if and only if you send them the registration card in the box, which you cannot get from anywhere if you happen to lose it (like I did). Naturally it was due to my carelessness but this kind of system sees archaic in this day and age.

In case anyone else is interested: Westone does have European presence these days (in Belgium). They charge 56.80eur (inc. taxes but no shipping) for cable replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back