Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
Jun 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #1,126 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry music 4321, your pair is flawless while mine still have some few realy minor bubbles and inner dust. Mine are also smaller, so it isn't arranged as nice as yours.
Yours realy seems to be more refined.

Well, if my set is now flawless, I certainly paid a price (read long time waiting, time spent emailing, phoning, packaging, sending 2 sets back & a fair share of disappointment) to finally get them to sound, fit & look right.

But I wasn't talking about whose set looks better but about the quality of the photos being posted here - that's what I won't accept being of better quality than the ones I've posted. :)

BTW, I hope that, like me, you'll be even more impressed as time goes by by the things you'll be discovering, SQ-wise, with your ES3X's.

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #1,127 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, if my set is now flawless, I certainly paid a price (read long time waiting, time spent emailing, phoning, packaging, sending 2 sets back & a fair share of disappointment) to finally get them to sound, fit & look right.

But I wasn't talking about whose set looks better but about the quality of the photos being posted here - that's what I won't accept being of better quality than the ones I've posted. :)

BTW, I hope that, like me, you'll be even more impressed as time goes by by the things you'll be discovering, SQ-wise, with your ES3X's.

It is exacly what happens, and after 2 days
ksc75smile.gif

And I have understood what you meant about the photo quality, but there is also digihead's photos
wink_face.gif
. But I am about to try to get some better stuff
ksc75smile.gif
. And will render the image in photoshop for perfect product look.

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #1,128 of 1,871
Pila maybe you can do some 3d model in 3d graphics program a then render
smily_headphones1.gif
))im just kidding
smily_headphones1.gif
)

So people im will be next person whoo will buy Es3x. After many hours on head-fi, many people buy new stuff and tell that this product are the BEST. But after one month they write that this product in not so perfect. Es3x is another story...a small amount of negative feedbacks. Maybe perfect?
smily_headphones1.gif
))

Im from slovakia and one big big problem is impression.

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #1,129 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pila maybe you can do some 3d model in 3d graphics program a then render
smily_headphones1.gif
))im just kidding
smily_headphones1.gif
)

So people im will be next person whoo will buy Es3x. After many hours on head-fi, many people buy new stuff and tell that this product are the BEST. But after one month they write that this product in not so perfect. Es3x is another story...a small amount of negative feedbacks. Maybe perfect?
smily_headphones1.gif
))

Im from slovakia and one big big problem is impression.

About the impressions problem, if you buy through The Ear Plug Suprestore, so they send you a set to make the impressions by your own with instructioins and shouldn't be a problem. Just ask a friend to help you with it while you bite something -it has to be taken with open mouth.

And I am sure you will be pleased with this decision. Congratz!

Which colour will you go for?

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #1,130 of 1,871
Quote:

About the impressions problem, if you buy through The Ear Plug Suprestore, so they send you a set to make the impressions by your own with instructioins and shouldn't be a problem. Just ask a friend to help you with it while you bite something -it has to be taken with open mouth.

Ouuuu nice that i dont know...color...hmm i like purple
smily_headphones1.gif
)))

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #1,131 of 1,871
Quote:

So when you purchase from The Ear Plug Suprestore they automatically send you an impression kit? Is this the way you got your impressions pila405?

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #1,132 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So when you purchase from The Ear Plug Suprestore they automatically send you an impression kit? Is this the way you got your impressions pila405?

It isn't the way I did it, I went to the local audiologist and did it there. But even after I told them so, they also sent the DIY ear impression kit.
popcorn.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #1,133 of 1,871
Quote:

It isn't the way I did it, I went to the local audiologist and did it there. But even after I told them so, they also sent the DIY ear impression kit.
popcorn.gif

How did you get the DIY impression kit? Who is 'they'? Did Westone use the DIY impression kit?

Thanks

Jun 12, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #1,134 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did you get the DIY impression kit? Who is 'they'? Did Westone use the DIY impression kit?

Thanks

I think he means The Ear Plug Superstore.

Here's some unsolicited advice - Seeing you live in the US if you're considering getting customs, it's best to invest a little more money and get your ear impressions done by a professional -- proper ear impressions are crucial for a proper fit & isolation; also quite a few audiologists will include the ear impressions in the final price if you order the custom IEM's through them. Try contacting Westone, I'm sure they'll provide you with a few audiologists' contact details.

Jun 12, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #1,136 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoValidTitle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I just got back from the audiologist, new set of impressions. My ES3X are on their second trip back to Westone.
frown.gif

Why? What happened?

Jun 12, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #1,138 of 1,871
Quote:

Well I just got back from the audiologist, new set of impressions. My ES3X are on their second trip back to Westone.
frown.gif

Were this impressions taken open jaw with a bite block in the entire time the material was setting up?

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #1,139 of 1,871
Just a quick question, which universal IEM does the sound signature of ES3X resemble? Since it has the same technology as the UM3X, is the sound signature the same? I'm asking this because I want to get a pair of customs and I can't audition customs, so I'm going to try out the universal IEMs which the customs sound like and get an idea of the sound signature before choosing which customs I want.

Thanks guys

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #1,140 of 1,871
Quote:

Still having fit issues.

How long did you use them before sending them back? When I first got the UM56 I thought that the fit in my left ear was off a little and when I put them in I would a feel sharp pain in my ear canal but I kept using them and eventually they began to fit perfectly and I have absolutely no pain whatsoever. I was also wondering why the left and right ear pieces felt different until I looked at them and realized that my ear canals are shaped differently so it took a while to get used to it ... I can't even notice it now. I suggest you use them for a while to make sure that you don't already have the right fit. The way that my UM56 felt (left ear piece only) I could have sent them back and I would have been absolutely certain that I had a bad fit but it turns out that they were perfect and the fit could not be any better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back