Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
May 21, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #961 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This can happen with the wires. Mine do it every now and then. Zero concern on that issue.

Thanks p0owderH0und23. Also, confirmed this with Dave, who indicated that they've updated current headsets so that they don't ring any more. Once mine are inserted, no ringing. It also stops when I stop tapping on 'em, kinda like when I stop hitting my head against the wall, my headache goes away
bigsmile_face.gif

May 21, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #962 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdr. Seraphim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks p0owderH0und23. Also, confirmed this with Dave, who indicated that they've updated current headsets so that they don't ring any more. Once mine are inserted, no ringing. It also stops when I stop tapping on 'em, kinda like when I stop hitting my head against the wall, my headache goes away
bigsmile_face.gif

LOL!!!!

Glad Dave got ya taken care of!

May 21, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #963 of 1,871
Yeah, mine make that ringing echo noise if I tap on my right earpiece, or when inserting. But they don't make noise from music, even with the volume cranked high. Only annoying thing is that it does often make that ringing noise from microphonics transferred from the cable noise when moving around.

Also weird that it's only from the right side.

On another note, I was getting ear impressions made from a new audiologist the other week, and I told her about the ear pains I was getting, and she had me put my ES3X's in. She then pointed out that I was not fully seating them into my ears. LOL. Now they are a lot more comfortable. A lot harder to get in and out, though. Wow, what a seal.

-Ed

May 25, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #967 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoValidTitle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The rig is complete![/IMG]

It really looks great. (It also looks like you'll need some very large and deep and sturdy pockets.)

May 25, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #968 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It really looks great. (It also looks like you'll need some very large and deep and sturdy pockets.)

Yeah the not-so-portable rig. I use it at work and at home so it's nice for that, fits great in my laptop bag.
wink_face.gif

May 25, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #969 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoValidTitle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The rig is complete! (until I send my ES3X back for a refit and go back to the Portapros)

3562003336_435e1d3d36_b.jpg

I have the same optical rig, and ES3X in the same color. Great minds think alike.
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #971 of 1,871
Nice rig, but do go easy on those old iRivers. I love them but I had a few get bricked on me and only in one case was it my fault.

We could really use more players with digital outs on the market
frown.gif

May 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #973 of 1,871
After 3 months and 2 re-fits I finally got today my 3rd set of wonderful ES3X's. I decided to change the colour in the process as my new set with new ear impressions was going to be built from scratch. I chose 'Ice Blue', a lighter shade of blue, instead of 'Candy Blue'.

IMG_3143cc.jpg

IMG_3144ff.jpg

Fit is perfect now with no breaking of the seal, even when lying down. There's NO channel imbalance, in fact it's even slightly better than the last corrected set as it now sounds 100% centred. Cosmetically it is better than previous two sets, pretty much flawless. It really looks like a very well-finished product.

May 25, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #974 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After 3 months and 2 re-fits I finally got today my 3rd set of wonderful ES3X's. I decided to change the colour in the process as my new set with new ear impressions was going to be built from scratch. I chose 'Ice Blue', a lighter shade of blue, instead of 'Candy Blue'.

Fit is perfect now with no breaking of the seal, even when lying down. There's NO channel imbalance, in fact it's even slightly better than the last corrected set as it now sounds 100% centred. Cosmetically it is better than previous two sets, pretty much flawless. It really looks like a very well-finished product.

And the sound - Pretty much flawless as well?
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #975 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the sound - Pretty much flawless as well?
biggrin.gif

Oh yes, channel balance is perfect AND I'm having a perfect seal without having to adjust/ move the earpieces at all!

EDIT: Although the ES3X is definitely an altogether different beast, and a DEFINITE step above the UM3X, the latter is not to be dismissed as a distant relative, but more like a close cousin, but the ES3X... is ... just... something else! Oh boy, did I miss the sound of this fantastic set of customs.

BTW, Larry I swapped one of my two black cables for a clear one as you can see in the photos - definitely looks better with the Ice Blue. And yes, very silk-like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back