Westone ES3X Appreciation Thread
May 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #931 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you serious?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It could be psychosomatic, or supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Now, could you spell that again, please? :)

May 18, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #932 of 1,871
What kind of isolation is everyone getting with their ES3X's?

Mine fit fairly well but it seems that the isolation might not be as good as day #1 or as everyone else reports.

For example, with the music off I can still hear normal conversation enough to understand, I can hear the keyboard click as I type this, I can hear the mouse of my PC and my dog just shook his head, I could hear is collar. Is this normal?

May 18, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #935 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you explain why you're using the UE cable?

The memory wire on it is longer than on the Westone Cable. Sonically, they are similar, although the UE cable possibly sounds a but more transparent.

May 19, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #937 of 1,871
I can always hear conversations with IEMs or earplugs or anything really, when there is no music playing. IEMs don't eliminate external sound but attenuate it.

A good test for fit is to rub your fingers together about a foot away from your ear. If you can hear them while wearing your IEMs in a quiet room, your fit is off.

May 20, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #938 of 1,871
Well my ES3X came back today. The seal is good though the right one is still not as snug as the left. They fixed the gap in the plug also. So far I haven't seen any issues but I can't REALLY listen right now as I'm suffering from tinnitus from the Prodigy concert I went to tonight.

May 20, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #939 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoValidTitle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well my ES3X came back today. The seal is good though the right one is still not as snug as the left. They fixed the gap in the plug also. So far I haven't seen any issues but I can't REALLY listen right now as I'm suffering from tinnitus from the Prodigy concert I went to tonight.

Not wearing earplugs was a big mistake - the tinnitus you have now could be a sign of permanent hearing damage.

May 20, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #940 of 1,871
Ouch! tinnitus....bad sign, bad thing. Hope you don't have any further problems.

LOL, I got the portable pelican case for my ES3X, but didn't get the ES3X yet, they just started to work on them yesterday.

May 20, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #941 of 1,871
p0wderh0und23 - Did you realy fix the gap between the connector to the earpiece so it sits flush on the earpiece?

May 20, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #942 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
p0wderh0und23 - Did you realy fix the gap between the connector to the earpiece so it sits flush on the earpiece?

The gap is caused when some of the buffing material gets into the socket. The plug will not go all the way in. The lab is checking more thorough on it.

May 20, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #943 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not wearing earplugs was a big mistake - the tinnitus you have now could be a sign of permanent hearing damage.

Yeah I know, I've tried earplugs in the past when going to shows but it's just so much less enjoyable with everything muffled. I'm aware I damage my hearing a little bit each time. The tinnitus goes away after about 24 hours (again, I know it's bad).

For the people who do have their ES3X already. How is the fit in the conch of your ear? While I do have a proper seal and what seems to be sufficient isolation the left monitor is still much more snug than the right in the conch portion of my ear. There is wiggle room on the right if that makes sense. The left is a very snug form fit while I can move the right one a little.

May 20, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #944 of 1,871
It's like smoking....a lot of people do it without any regard for their health, but later when they have laryngeal cancer or strokes from the hypertension, the common theme seems to be: I wish I had never done it. =/

Does anyone know if there's a limit to how many es3x they can make a week? Just wondering if mine will be delayed from increased workloads if there is one.

May 20, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #945 of 1,871
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoValidTitle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I know, I've tried earplugs in the past when going to shows but it's just so much less enjoyable with everything muffled. I'm aware I damage my hearing a little bit each time. The tinnitus goes away after about 24 hours (again, I know it's bad).

They make musician earplugs that let everything through but at an attenuated level. It's like smoking and saying "I know it's bad", except in this case you will ruin your ability to enjoy the ES3X instead of dying. So, go ahead and keep doing it since it wont kill you but will only hurt you just a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back