Westone ES3 custom art styles poll
May 28, 2005 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Wmcmanus

President treasurer secretary and sole member of the Cayman Islands Head-Fi Club.
Ok, this is rather silly, but it should be fun.

See the custom art choices offered for the Westone ES3. If you were to buy a pair of these, which one would you choose?

I was going to do this as a poll but there are just too many choices!

May 28, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #2 of 23
Cosmos all the way Baby! (Celtic knot is also nice and I've always had a weakness for Celtic art, it just isn't integrated nicely enough...)

May 28, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 23
I love the "On fire" style. Very groovy.
icon10.gif

May 28, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #7 of 23
I quite like Urban Camo...is there something wrong with me?

Other than that, Gear Head would be highly amusing for about 5 minutes then get old...I'd probably get something completely custom, a logo or cartoon character (Gir monitors, anyone)
etysmile.gif

May 28, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameleon
I quite like Urban Camo...is there something wrong with me?

Other than that, Gear Head would be highly amusing for about 5 minutes then get old...I'd probably get something completely custom, a logo or cartoon character (Gir monitors, anyone)
etysmile.gif

I love that too!
icon10.gif

May 28, 2005 at 8:52 PM Post #9 of 23
I suppose that I should have voted too. I like the Keys best, followed by the Happy Clouds.

The keys, to me, somehow say 'Ray Charles', perhaps because he usually dressed in a black suit, and with his dark sunglasses, etc. There is a certain happiness in the Keys. They tell others in a simple way that you're listening to music and that you are not hearing imparied.

The Happy Clouds have a musical connotation as well, as though the music is lifting your spirits and putting you in a heavenly place, but they would be too 'cutsey' to actually order.

I think the Leopard Skin is nicely understated, and would be quite suitable and stylish for a sexy young professional woman. They could go with certain earrings that my girlfriend wears.

It's interesting that some people are voting for the likes of On Fire and Flaming Skull. Makes me wonder if there is a connection to the types of music people listen to. I'd associate those with heavy metal, whereas the Keys and Happy Clouds that I like are better suited to jazz and female vocals, which is what I listen to mostly. Cosmos for Pink Floyd and electronica, etc.

May 28, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #11 of 23
Urban Camo is kind of cool, and it works! I can't tell you how many times I've looked at this page for the past several months as I've debated about getting a pair of these, and I've never noticed that one! It would work well for someone with dark hair that partially covers their ears. The 'camo' effect is actually what I had in mind with the Leopard Skin design for my girlfriend, because it would blend well with her skin tone.

May 28, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
There is a certain happiness in the Keys. They tell others in a simple way that you're listening to music and that you are not hearing imparied.

I like that, another vote for the Keys
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back