Westone AM Pro series announced
Jul 9, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #16 of 20
Anyone able to offer impressions yet? Can't find reviews anywhere.

Particularly interested in leakage; if I'm listening at low volume in bed will it disturb my partner, who is sensitive to even faint sounds? Most closed-backs and UIEMs are OK, just wondering if the ability to gear ambients works both ways...

Jul 9, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #17 of 20
Anyone able to offer impressions yet? Can't find reviews anywhere.

Particularly interested in leakage; if I'm listening at low volume in bed will it disturb my partner, who is sensitive to even faint sounds? Most closed-backs and UIEMs are OK, just wondering if the ability to gear ambients works both ways...

Leakage is there, not really that bad (a little higher than UM Pro 50 or W60), but someone within 1-2ft from you in a quiet environment with sensitivity to faint sounds will hear it.  Just did wife-test, she can hear "sounds" next to me on the couch.  I did the reverse test with her wearing it, and I can also hear it approx 2ft away.  It's not loud and you have to "squint" to hear it, but definitely not dead quiet.  AM pro are not intended for super isolation, but rather for stage musicians, and also they are excellent to use when exercising or commuting.  But at the library or next to a wife who will kick you off the couch - I don't recommend it
wink.gif

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #20 of 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back