Westone 4 , SE535 or Westone UM3X?
Apr 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nestea

New Head-Fier
Hi, people, i want to buy some new earphones (IEM), for listening Thrash, heavy, progressive Metal (basically Dream Theater, Iron Maiden...), Hard Rock, a little of Jazz and some Classical.
One important thing is that i like to hear the guitar clearly, over all the things.
Another important thing is that it must be durable, i don't want to break the cable.
I'M NOT A BASSHEAD. My mother has some Beats Solo and I dont like them... They have a lot of Bass, but not good bass, an excessive and loud bass.
So, I was wondering which of these is the most appropiate for me.
I'm  from Spain so i will buy from Earphone Solutions or Amazon (co.uk or .es, but not from amazon.com)
My maximum budget is 299 euros, but i can wait if there is something better.
My principal options are Westone 4r, Westone UM3X, Shure 425, Shure 535, Earsonic SM3.
I would play them through an iPod Touch with .flac files (converted to .alac), without amp or DAC.

What should I buy?
What would you recommend me?

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #2 of 3
The UM3x are great with guitar based music and they are very detailed with good punchy bass and superb imaging.. Others IEMs like UE900, Sony EX1000, PFE232 and ATH_CK100Pro are also good match for guitars sounding good on these IEMs.

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #3 of 3
Should i buy westone UM3X from earphonesolutions?
They are 260 € with shipping.
Or should I wait and save more for Westone 4r or SE535?
Both of them are 319 €

Users who are viewing this thread

Back