Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Sep 25, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #4,666 of 5,568
So even though it looks like I might have been better off waiting....my W4Rs came in from Amazon today...should I be worried about a used pair if there were no flange tips in the package?

Also, Amazon isn't listed as an authorized dealer on their website, but I imagine purchasing from Amazon directly is kosher as far as warranty is concerned? 

Sep 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #4,667 of 5,568
  So even though it looks like I might have been better off waiting....my W4Rs came in from Amazon today...should I be worried about a used pair if there were no flange tips in the package?

Also, Amazon isn't listed as an authorized dealer on their website, but I imagine purchasing from Amazon directly is kosher as far as warranty is concerned? 

did you purchase them used, or you recieved a used pair?.

Sep 25, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #4,668 of 5,568

did you purchase them used, or you recieved a used pair?.

Let me rephrase my question -- I definitely purchased them brand new, directly shipped and sold from Amazon. However, there were no flange tips in the box when I received it. Is this a case of them changing the included accessories, a packaging mishap, or is it possible I somehow received a used product? 

Sep 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #4,669 of 5,568

Let me rephrase my question -- I definitely purchased them brand new, directly shipped and sold from Amazon. However, there were no flange tips in the box when I received it. Is this a case of them changing the included accessories, a packaging mishap, or is it possible I somehow received a used product?

Did you have to rip a clear plastic covering from over the box before you opened them? If not then it was definitely used...

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #4,673 of 5,568
  No yeah everything was legit...shrink wrap on box, two pieces of Westone tape I had to cut through, etc. Just confused as to why it didn't have the tips that were pictured online. I guess just chalk it up to bad luck?

Just chiming in, I also bought mine brand new from Amazon I didn't get any flange tips. But I don't use them...

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #4,675 of 5,568
Mine from Amazon didnt come with the triple flanges either.  If you call westone they will send you out a new complete set.  I questioned it myself and even returned them to Amazon 3 times I believe and all 4 came the same way, without the triple flanges.  Westone CS states they should be coming with them which is confusing.

Sep 26, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #4,676 of 5,568
  Mine from Amazon didnt come with the triple flanges either.  If you call westone they will send you out a new complete set.  I questioned it myself and even returned them to Amazon 3 times I believe and all 4 came the same way, without the triple flanges.  Westone CS states they should be coming with them which is confusing.

I don't know why it's this way with some products bought through Amazon. If you order Name brand phone cases (Speck, Incase, Griffin, etc.) they don't normally come with screen protectors, but if you buy them in a store they do. Maybe Amazon makes deals with these companies to include the important part of the product and leave out some of the sometimes unnecessary accessories to keep their prices lower than competitors and still keep profits high. That's my assumption.

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #4,679 of 5,568
Older westone w4r came with the white triple flange tips and the,clear tips like the e2c uses, they no longer come with those tips but come with the star tips now.

Personally I like the older tips not a fan of the new star tips but you can purchase the older tips from like evay if you wish.

Sep 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #4,680 of 5,568
What kind of music does this IEM do well with? I listen to R&B, Ballads, Pop, and some Rock. would these do well with that genre of music? and how is the isolation? I want to use these on the go and isolation is important. I was extremely disappointed with my IE8s because I could not achieve a good seal for proper isolation. I am currently using my Beyerdynamic DT-1350's for that purpose, and I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back