Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Dec 15, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #77 of 5,568
sweet an extra bass driver, maybe i should hold off my purchase on westone 3 for this. But MSRP for 450... hmm...

Dec 15, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #78 of 5,568

Quote:
from what I read, it seems like one for the highs, one for the mids and two for the bass

Quote:
could it be better to add one more driver on Mid range? From what I heard, W3 needs a mid range driver to become one step closer to perfection since W3 bass is pretty overwhelmed already

That is why I said W4 is better off having 2 driver of mid range instead of 2 drivers of bass......since W3 mid was quite inferior to UM3X

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #80 of 5,568
Sounds interesting. Hopefully they're not as sibilant as the W3 - I sold them because of that issue and went to UM3X (although I prefered the fit of W3).

Dec 15, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #82 of 5,568
I agree. Let's hope they add a replaceable cable for the W4.

Quote:
this sounds awesome, but looking at that photo, i'm not seeing removable cables... not sure i'd want to spend nearly five hundred dollars for something that could be ruined with a pair of fliskers.

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #83 of 5,568
Quote:

Yesterday, Dec 10 around 7:00 pm, Lynn Kehler, Westone's CEO, posts a pic on his personal Twitter account showing an iPad and what might look like the Westone 4.

His comments were limited to "I'm testing out a new iPad...man, the sound quality is great!

The picture looks blurry and we don't know if he let this cat out of the bag by accident or if the camera color is completely off and rendered the red an orange, but I'm almost sure I can read a "4" on those earpieces:

Westone 4 ?!?

I guess it could be a Westone 3 :frowning2:

I don't know what's wrong with the link above, but as I read from the tease: it's claimed that Westone 4 has dual bass + 1 mid + 1 high. However, on the link http://www.earphonesolutions.com/westone-4-headphones.html, earphonesolutions claimed that:

Quote:
[size=x-small]The Westone Four could still have a 3-way crossover but have 2 drivers handling mids, 1 driver handling lows and another driver handling highs.[/size]

So, which one is TRUE?

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #84 of 5,568
Yea,  I would have much prefered an extra midrange or even tweeter driver.  While the extra bass driver may not necessarily mean more bass it should certainly mean a "fuller weightier" sound which, again, the W3 does not need and may certainly may cause it to reveal less treble.  We will just have to wait and find out.

Looks identical to W2 and W3 but with different artwork.

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #85 of 5,568
Subscribed for future thread updates.

popcorn.gif

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #86 of 5,568
Yes, these look good, but the price is steep. The price for my quad customs from 1964 EARS is about the same price. My custom quad, by the way, is dual bass, 1 mid and 1 treble. The bass isn't too bloated, but the extension is incredible. They're the best IEM I've heard thus far, and I've heard many. It will be interesting to find out if the universal W4 can match up. I guess they tune that fourth driver anyway they want. As for stuffing them in the shell, not all drivers are the same size, so they might be able to stuff four in there together with no complications.

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #87 of 5,568
Don't be silly mate - you'll get bored of the 1964s in about a week and be saving for the Westone 4's soon after. This is the Law Of Eric.

Quote:
Yes, these look good, but the price is steep. The price for my quad customs from 1964 EARS is about the same price. My custom quad, by the way, is dual bass, 1 mid and 1 treble. The bass isn't too bloated, but the extension is incredible. They're the best IEM I've heard thus far, and I've heard many. It will be interesting to find out if the universal W4 can match up. I guess they tune that fourth driver anyway they want. As for stuffing them in the shell, not all drivers are the same size, so they might be able to stuff four in there together with no complications.

Dec 15, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #88 of 5,568

LOL @ Bennyboy!!!!!!!!! Good to see you bro!!
beerchug.gif

Bennyboy taught me that the British actually could have a good sense of humor!! lol @ the "Law Of Eric."
Quote:
Don't be silly mate - you'll get bored of the 1964s in about a week and be saving for the Westone 4's soon after. This is the Law Of Eric.

Quote:

Dec 15, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #89 of 5,568
Lol,

Yeah these do look good, wonder when we'll see them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back