Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Jan 28, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #5,461 of 5,568
i just got some W4r and the right side wiggles, it has a firm connection and there isnt any cut outs or anything like that, when i wiggle the cable i hear a like clicking noise? anyone?

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #5,462 of 5,568
i just got some W4r and the right side wiggles, it has a firm connection and there isnt any cut outs or anything like that, when i wiggle the cable i hear a like clicking noise? anyone?

Yup experienced the same thing on my set before too. Apparently it doesn't cause any mis performance. Probably you jammed the cable in too hard?

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #5,470 of 5,568
Jan 30, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #5,471 of 5,568
 Okay - I'm a bonehead - what's subpac?

no bro, dont say that haha

dude this changed my life with music experience forever!

http://thesubpac.com/order/subpac-m1-bluetooth

have you ever used a audiophile grade subwoofer with amp in a treated room?

subpac experience is similar but much less coloration than a sub and very tight.

it extends your hearing with IEM down to your back and equal perception through out the whole range of hearing. you can actually hear the different beaters on bass drums (same perceived volume as your mids and highs its not boosted )

its like being at a large concert but with the sound of your iem, the detail is astonishing down to 5hz no coloration there is a mobile version and a version you set in your seat depending on your needs and it is silent to everyone else. it transfers vibrations directly to your hearing apparatus which converts it into uncolored sound.
just like the best systems you have heard in the highs the lows on the subpac are that crystal clear

the thing i can't get over is that your perception is that of hearing the sound from your back the lower the frequencies the lower down your back and it travels up and meets with your ears with a seamless transition unlike a crossover. i set it so it is exactly no louder than any frequency of the IEM neutral and 20hz up is same perceived detail and loudness as 1khz or 3khz etc.
im using it this way

when i compare this setup to my drummers shure se846 we got him and compare its like the shure se846 is a fisher price toy no kidding.  its the first time i have experienced the full 3 dimensions of music because we never "hear" the first 2 octaves and what they bring to the music when it is equal perception of loudness from 5hz up. we usually hear from 60hz up fairly consistent on high systems but no lower.
its funny the first day i used the setup for a few hours i had the adrenaline of playing at a show because you feel the music though your body exactly the way it was recorded , the detail is more than high end audiophile or studio sub woofers and amps ina perfect treated room.
Im using it mainly for studio work but just as much for listening to music. i got the s1 which seats in your studio chair but im going to get the mobile one next. i can honestly say no iem will ever match realistic non boosted lowend from 5hz to 100hz like the subpac can its just not possible we have to feel the vibration in our body to detect lowest frequencies (without boosting them till yo u no longer have neutral with equal volume at all instruments.

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #5,473 of 5,568
I got me another set of w4r. I guess i will keep these as a spare when they are on you cant tell anything is wrong and they sound fantastic. Maybe i will turn these into customs who knows.

Feb 4, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #5,475 of 5,568
I got me another set of w4r. I guess i will keep these as a spare when they are on you cant tell anything is wrong and they sound fantastic. Maybe i will turn these into customs who knows.

+1 - makes a very nice custom - bass hit a lot harder while keeping all of its strengths. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back