Westone 3 universal IEM....
Oct 5, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #136 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is so many different things people hear here depending on source, tips, cables, amps, music... the list goes on.

I think the E500 and the GS1000 are examples of some of the largest FOTM headfi has seen. I am one of the few that really like the GS1000 if they are properly mated with the right gear.

As for the E500 vs. UM2 vs. E4 I can't say I'm on the same page with ya. Many people define the UM2's as sibilant and the E500's as rolled off when it comes to the top end. I don't find the UM2 sibilant unless the bitrate is low or recording is bad and sometimes if poorly amped. The UM2 has tighter stronger bass IMO but the E500 has better bass extension and definition/texture. Although I prefer the forward vocals of the E4 and UM2 that does not mean the E500 is not warm in the mids just that the vocals have a different presentation. As for the top end I clearly think the E4 is winner hear with crystal clear sparlke and good extension. I don't find the E500 to be rolled off to the extent some claim but to my ears there is a clear difference between the top end on them and the UM2 and E4.

As for music I listen to classical only about 10% of the time. Most of my music is pretty mixed (no rap though), metal, rock, jazz, latin, swing, big band, country, electronic, industrial, etc.

Back to the 3's I will just say that I think they will do very well when they land and I would wager that they will maintain good support after the FOTM wears off. I've already talked to some that said they did not care for them so like anything here they are not going to be a "one headphone to please all" but they will hold their own no doubt.

decent reply. well said...i woke up an hour later tho
tongue.gif
only kiddin now onto the 3's...i want some!

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #137 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im pretty confident the westone 3 will not do classical as well as lets say...er4's,
k1000smile.gif
tongue.gif
basshead.gif

And you are confident because.... you have listened to them? or confident just because.....?
Sorry. could not help it but be amused at your biased (apriori) opinion (if you have compared them, then, plase accept my apologies).

Oct 9, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #138 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And you are confident because.... you have listened to them? or confident just because.....?
Sorry. could not help it but be amused at your biased (apriori) opinion (if you have compared them, then, plase accept my apologies).

well no i have not listened to them. i wait like everyone else for a release, but i say that because its clear the er4's were designed with analytical music in mind, and designed for clinical listening.

westone explains the 3 to be a fun iem which say to me they may not be as accurate as the ety's...which in theory would suggest that music like classical will come across similar to other triple driver phones...that is, not as accurate as the ety.

ofcourse im not saying that is that
wink.gif
i have not heard them and cant wait to be proven wrong
tongue.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #139 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steril1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aaaaargghh, there´ll be a further delay!!!
I got this email from earphonesolutions:

"We are sending this email to you because you have an active preorder for the Westone 3 or had one in the past.
We were told by Westone that there will be a further delay on the release date of the Westone 3. Possibly until mid-summer.
"

What should I do? Wait a few month more, or go with the SHURE SE 530???
I like my Sennherser HD650, and when the Shure sounds similar...?!

Any comparisons of those who heared both???

Duh, with these huge delays we would be lucky to see the Westone 3's somewhere around 2010!
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #140 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlandos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Duh, with these huge delays we would be lucky to see the Westone 3's somewhere around 2010!
evil_smiley.gif

Ya, what the hell is taking them so long.. The delay here is ridiculus. I thik they're at the point of losing business as many buyers have settled for other triple-driver headphones.

Feb 14, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #142 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by smoka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya, what the hell is taking them so long.. The delay here is ridiculus. I thik they're at the point of losing business as many buyers have settled for other triple-driver headphones.

nahhh... the market will always have new buyers. we're not the last generation on earth =s

when it does come out eventually it'll still be pretty hot, given the price they're supposed to be going at too.

Feb 14, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #143 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nahhh... the market will always have new buyers. we're not the last generation on earth =s

But they have probably still lost business whether or not there will always be new customers.

Mar 10, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #147 of 169
Quote:

Originally Posted by tldoxmf87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wish UM3's come out before I buy Shure SE530 or SE420... T_T

I toatally have the same as you do... n I really wana avoid the two you mentioned as with their famous cracking cord... like my E4c...

Mar 17, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #149 of 169
Lets just hope that all this waiting translates into the most amazing sound ever. If westone deliver this then all would be forgiven.

Mar 17, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #150 of 169
i dun think they will release it in 2008 @@

Users who are viewing this thread

Back