Westone 3 or Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jul 20, 2010 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MKang25

100+ Head-Fier
I am moving up from the Panaosonic HJE900's and have narrowed it down to W3, MTPC. 
I am looking for a good amount of bass like the CZS have, but also more detailed mids which is what the HJE900s lack, isolation would be good but not as important. I took a look at the SM3 but build quality has me worried so looking at these two. 

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 5
isolation is good on the coppers and very good on the westone 3 ,both have good bass although i would say the w3 is the the more bassy ,both phones have detailed midrange and detailed treble , the w3 sounds more like the SM3 than the coppers do although the w3 has a smaller soundstage than the SM3 and the bass is more prominent for more of the time but more centered around the mid and upper bass than the SM3 or coppers which have a fuller Bass frequency .

The coppers come with a extensive set of accessories and a lifetime warranty ,while the westone 3 come with a slightly less impressive set of accessories but still one of the more generous sets out there and a 1 year warranty

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 5
^ you get an extra year of warranty if you register the W3 online. I own both, and the coppers sound more bassy to me.

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I've had both and prefer the Westone 3's easily, they're a great all round set of phones and beat the Coppers in virtually every department.

To your ears.  I presume you didn't do a direct AB since you still have the Coppers and don't have the W3's anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back