Westone 3 or Monster Turbine/Miles Davis or Others ?
Nov 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

woohwaah

New Head-Fier
Hi, I recently bought an UE900 to upgrade from my SoundMagic E10s and while I've enjoyed the UE900s, everytime I listen to my E10s I think to myself "These guys are a lot more fun than the UE900". More specifically, the bass is just funner on the E10, everything else is better on the UE900. I'm no audiophile, I just enjoy listening to all sorts of music on my daily commute. So I'm not really after something neutral.

So I've been contemplating getting a 2nd pair or IEMs @ around or lower than the UE900 price point.

I've looked around and it seems like the Monster Turbine/Miles Davis Tribute/Trumpet & the Westone 3 would be a good candidate for my "fun" IEMs. 
Which of these would be the better buy ? And other suggestions are most welcomed. Thanks.

EDIT: Just realised there is a recommendations section. Sorry for posting in the wrong area.

Nov 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #2 of 8
Heard all but the Turbines.   The Miles Davis are nice but fairly neutral and balanced as well.  The W3 is certainly a fun big bold IEM.  I think the clarity on the W3 is going to be better than the Turbines but someone may correct me here.  W3 combines big bass and great clarity like no other universal in that $300-400 range

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #4 of 8
I'm leaning heavily towards the W3 based on the descriptions of its sound on the forums. But one thing that bums me out is that the cable isn't removable and it has no in line controls. 

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #5 of 8
I'm leaning heavily towards the W3 based on the descriptions of its sound on the forums. But one thing that bums me out is that the cable isn't removable and it has no in line controls. 

You could always send them over to btg audio and have him do a removeable cable mod its 45.00 but with the price your nearing the w4r. So its not really a option.

People dont bormally have problens with the cables on the w3.

Nov 9, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #6 of 8
You could always send them over to btg audio and have him do a removeable cable mod its 45.00 but with the price your nearing the w4r. So its not really a option.

People dont bormally have problens with the cables on the w3.

I have considered the W4r but the W3 seems to be the "funner" phone ? I'm also located in Asia so the cable mod thing isn't as easy I would assume. I'm actually more bothered by the lack of in line controls rather than the possibility of the cable failing.

I see a new pair of W3s going for 240 USD on a local forum so I think i'll probably get that unless I find something else.

Nov 9, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #7 of 8
The w4r is more of a reference sound vs the "funner" sounding w3. The w4 also benifits from a amplifier. Imo a lower midrange amp at that (cost wise).

I think you will like the w3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back