Westone 3 Impressions
Jun 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
First off these are Killer Impressions Onza, and several months ago I purchased a pair of these as a result. I did not experience a wow factor and as a matter of fact it actually took me a week before I decided, man I'm starting to like these. They are VERY revealing, in a sneaky kind of way. (not in your face) in some ways they are as revealing (in some cases more) than my 535's. TIPS and patience are extremely important as stated above. Very tip dependent but these are so darn comfortable. 

Thanks, these are indeed great phones and are still my favourite BA universal. I think a lot of people look past them as there are newer IEMs which invariably take the lime light such as the W4 (which admittedly I'm yet to try). Glad you're enjoying them!

Jul 3, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #18 of 23
I've been listening to the W3's for a couple of weeks now and am really liking them. I also have Shure E3g's that were my first quality IEM's and I thought they sounded good until I got the W3's. The Shures sound okay but are definitely lacking in the bass area. I'm still trying various tips for the Westone's and will hopefully have some custom ear pieces soon. The audiologist said my ear canals are so narrow he wasn't sure that Westone would make them. Hopefully so but we'll see. 

Jul 16, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #19 of 23
I'm really loving these W3's if I may repeat myself again. I just recently purchased Some Comply TS New Spherical) and they are just a perfect fit for these 3's. The Add a tad more weight to the Cymbals, Highs remain Clear, yet without any Harshness. Also the mids are a little more pronounced and maybe just a little lesser bass Quantity Vs the Shure Olives. Yet still nice and clear. Nice and Balanced and am using these almost all the time now

Jul 23, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #22 of 23
I didn't think I could like these more, but after getting the custom ear pieces I can easily say, I do. As would be expected, the isolation is top notch and the sound is even better. I'm still working out getting the pieces in correctly (I seem to have quite a bendy and narrow canal) but once they are in place it's phenomenal. 

Jul 23, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #23 of 23

Quote:
I didn't think I could like these more, but after getting the custom ear pieces I can easily say, I do. As would be expected, the isolation is top notch and the sound is even better. I'm still working out getting the pieces in correctly (I seem to have quite a bendy and narrow canal) but once they are in place it's phenomenal. 

Which did you get??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back