Westone 3 Impressions Thread
Dec 2, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #676 of 2,224
I'm getting mine tomorrow as well. Oh well. At least I have a full day off from uni tomorrow.
tongue.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #677 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm. I guess I'm the only one who paid full retail for these IEMs. Oh well. Life's like that
tongue.gif

Nope, I'm with you......

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #678 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems you often have contrary opinions about headphones, so it will be interesting to see what you think.

^_^ It may be a nice source of discourse. I hear alot of good things though.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #679 of 2,224
My Pico and today's arrival, the Westone 3's are already new best friends :wink:

3075988529_748853ed70.jpg

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #682 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ fatman711. I got them for $339USD. =P

Spill the beans, where and how!?

Dec 2, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #686 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by misterDX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HOW????

Well, it seemed pretty simple until I found out how difficult it was to find the right IEM for me.

I have been wanting an IEM to keep up with my needs/requirements.

I needed an IEM to be durable enough for my workouts. I also needed it to be good enough for studying. I needed it to be very comfortable for 4 or 5 hours at a time, while providing great isolation to allow me to concentrate on my work. And of course, they need to sound good!

In short, the westone 3 are magic. There is plenty and plenty of bass while keeping everything tight and controlled. The soundstage is spacious to me. The overall sound is not too bright, not too dark. Just the right kind of balance. I am trying everything from rock, reggae, electronica, to orchestral. Everything just sounds right to me. It's almost like the EQ settings are being adjusted accordingly to each song.

Maybe I am getting overly excited about these because of the fact that I was left with no IEM for a couple of weeks after my Image broke on me...but these are simply amazing! Westone has become one of my favorite companies for making such a great IEM.

If you guys have the cash to spend for the holidays, please try them out ASAP!

Dec 2, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #687 of 2,224
Mr $339 isn't gonna tell
frown.gif

That is probably the best price anyone out of US can get (sans the cashback)!

Reian - maybe email ur supplier, and let him know you have more people interested and see what he says?

Dec 2, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #688 of 2,224
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavio T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry... It slipped.

So PJBOX get their stock via ES and not direct from Westone? I was not aware of that!

So how come it "slipped"? I'm actually pretty ticked off. I didn't mind waiting an extra week after the US launch, but now it's more like three weeks. If I'd have known, I'd have just got a friend in the US to get them for me and forward them on. In fact it might still be worth doing that - if your 5 Dec shipment is not already allocated.

Dec 2, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #689 of 2,224
Hello,

Just in case this info might be useful to someone, here is my feedback about buying the W3 from earphonesolutions.com and having them shipped to France.

I made my order on the last Friday. As I opted for the FedEx international shipment (+$38), I received the tracking number at 6:45 PM EST (23:45 local time GMT+1).

Delivery was done close to light speed: the package was in my hands on the next Monday by 10 AM. I have not yet received the invoice for the custom fees; I will edit this message as soon as I receive it.

I was charged 353.56€ by my bank (LCL, with a Visa credit card) for the $437 order.

Oh, last but not least: the W3s really rock! They definitively outrange my old UM2s

Dec 2, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #690 of 2,224
Hi all,

I've had my UM2's for several years now and overall they're great but I have found the treble to sound harsh and sibilant with some music. Some of it might be due to poor original source and but it is something I've read from others in the past.

Can any lucky new W3 owners who have come from UM2's comment on this aspect ? Have you detected any ssssssibilance with vocals or harshness in the treble ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back