westone 3...early 2009!!
May 30, 2008 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

jinx20001

Headphoneus Supremus
according to earphonesolutions...Westone 3 NEW 3-Way Driver Earphones (a.k.a. Westone UM3)

is this game over for westone?? theres alot of dissapointed westone fans out there about waiting this long for a triple fi and se530 beater, does this put the UE's and Shures on the number one and two spot for triple driver phones to get??

and how early is early 2009? march...april...may? early 2010?

theres a few on here that have claimed to have listened to final productions of the westone 3 and touted pure brilliance so what are westone doing?

comments welcome, this is not intended to be another westone dig but theres genuine concern as to wether westone will get it out before shure and UE steal the thunder with new 4 driver universals. CRACK ON WESTONE, WE WANT THE 3 NOWWWW

May 30, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 31
sorry guys i know this has been mentioned a million times before, but ive steered clear of westone threads for a couple of months and basically gave up on reading about the 3, so i come back after a few months to see if any progress has been made and i see EARLY 2009!! i mean ahhhhh how useless is that!!

May 30, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 31
good parallel here would be Xin and his amps. While he's disappeared for a long time, technology has surpassed and overtaken his supposed genius. Maybe the same thing's happening at Westone with the 3s. Dunno, but it's a pretty good parallel set of circumstances

May 31, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 31
Early 2009 to me means January to March/April. Anything later than that is mid 2009.
We can always hope!
tongue.gif

May 31, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good parallel here would be Xin and his amps. While he's disappeared for a long time, technology has surpassed and overtaken his supposed genius. Maybe the same thing's happening at Westone with the 3s. Dunno, but it's a pretty good parallel set of circumstances

That's probably true. As good as the limited initial review done by Ray, I doubt that they will make a big splash (compare to what they could have been) as the market is full of top end universal IEM now. How hard is it for Westone to make a prototype into real product?

May 31, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's probably true. As good as the limited initial review done by Ray, I doubt that they will make a big splash (compare to what they could have been) as the market is full of top end universal IEM now. How hard is it for Westone to make a prototype into real product?

Maybe they're like me; work on something to perfection for so long that eventually you start to lose interest in completing the project at all.
wink.gif

May 31, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #8 of 31
Hmmm, some food for thought: you get some manufacturers apparently that say they are working on something with an ETA of, say, 6-8 months (a good example being the two in question in this thread).

But, you also get manufacturers that say something is now available and "release" it...meaning they take orders....but delivery only takes place anywhere from 6-8 months later (case in point being a number of amp manufacturers who happen to be sponsors, no names mentioned
wink.gif
).

Which is the greater evil of the two habits? Is one worse than the other?

May 31, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, some food for thought: you get some manufacturers apparently that say they are working on something with an ETA of, say, 6-8 months (a good example being the two in question in this thread).

But, you also get manufacturers that say something is now available and "release" it...meaning they take orders....but delivery only takes place anywhere from 6-8 months later (case in point being a number of amp manufacturers who happen to be sponsors, no names mentioned
wink.gif
).

Which is the greater evil of the two habits? Is one worse than the other?

You need to take into consideration that the Westone 3 were announced to be released May 2007. Meaning that its currently more than one (1) year delayed, with the recent delay of at least another 7-8 months...
Thats bad!
mad.gif

Not saying that the "no names mentioned" amplifier builders with their 6-8 months building time is bad either. But at least then you're prepared for it,.

May 31, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #11 of 31
lol this should just be added to the westone 3 thread in the other subforum...let's not bother starting something until we get more accurate information yeah?

May 31, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol this should just be added to the westone 3 thread in the other subforum...let's not bother starting something until we get more accurate information yeah?

the problem is the innaccuracy, this is why it gets started over and over again. now if westone said ''january 30th 2009...be prepared'' then that would be a solid date an we all will be excited and prepared, the concern everybody has is its so long in production and yet its falling behind its nearest rivals even after such a long time since thier release

May 31, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive heard that they will make debut in the pc game title "duke nukem forever"

biggrin.gif
interesting, cant see how they would be implicated into the game but it would be a nice suprise...or was it a joke...forever...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back