Westone 2 True-Fit IEM Appreciation & Impressions Thread...
Apr 12, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #391 of 441
I just got my W2's and I'm in love.  They aren't as ballsy as my Turbine Pros, but the balance and precision is just tear inducing.  I'm listening to my usual eclectic mix and feel tingling in my chest every few songs.  I'm also hearing lyrics more clearly.  Heck, I can almost keep up with faster metal and punk songs whereas the vocals used to just be another instrument.

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #393 of 441
Westone 2 is the longest IEM I've kept out of SE530,TF10,UM3X,Westone 3; I've kept those for only a few months and W2 for over a year now . Bi-flanges does wonders with the W2, easily my favorite tips hands down; best isolation and sound.

May 9, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #394 of 441

[size=medium]
I'm curious what full-size headphones Westone 2 users have.  After listening to my Westone's for long periods of time at work, none of the headphones I use have a satisfying mid-range for me anymore.
[/size]

May 9, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #395 of 441
Vintage SR325 with flat pads; flat pads bring out the midrange as well as the mid bass quite a bit. If I am listening to rock, I'll go with bowls for a brighter sound but all else, flats .

May 10, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #397 of 441

Quote:
Westone 2 is the longest IEM I've kept out of SE530,TF10,UM3X,Westone 3; I've kept those for only a few months and W2 for over a year now . Bi-flanges does wonders with the W2, easily my favorite tips hands down; best isolation and sound.

Curious as to what makes you prefer W2 over W3?   W2 might be more balanced but W3 has that improved underlying "fullness" of sound that is so alluring and is still pretty balanced.

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #398 of 441
Can anyone please tell me what tips work best with the Westone 2?

I'm currently looking at the Comply TX-100, P-Series, and the black olives. If there are other tips that I should look at, please tell me!

Comfort, isolation and seal are what I'm looking for. Thanks Head-Fi.

Jul 19, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #401 of 441

Quote:
Thanks Spyro. I will just order those two. Those tips cost like $20 for 3 pairs lol. Should I consider the P-Series?

For what it's worth I was never happy with the shure olives on the westone 2's.  I found the nozzle too short.  Maybe consider getting either custom tips for them (Fisher hearing do them from about $60 or so I belive, you'll have to check) or consider a reshell which is what I'm doing.

Cheers.

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #402 of 441

Quote:
Can anyone please tell me what tips work best with the Westone 2?

I'm currently looking at the Comply TX-100, P-Series, and the black olives. If there are other tips that I should look at, please tell me!

Comfort, isolation and seal are what I'm looking for. Thanks Head-Fi.

Just Got the new Ts-100 Spherical Comply's for the W3. They are simply fantastic. Balances them perfectly. Spyro I was thinking of you when listening, but I noticed you have the UM3x Now (well for now anyways)

Quote:
It's really personal preference.  Most like the shure olives, I liked the TX-100 complys.

Aug 29, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #403 of 441
Hi all.
I've been reading this thread and noticed that someone mentioned how these iems don't need the use of an amp.  But looking at Westone's site, they're now offering the new FiiO E6 amp with the W3 AND W2.  I was just wondering why they thought an amp bundle was worth offering and what products (pmps, daps etc) they tested before deciding to go with the FiiO and seeing it as a worthy addition.  Thoughts? :)

EDIT: Sheds some light on things.
http://www.headfoneshop.com/blog/2011/08/15/headfoneshop-featuring-westones-ampd-promo/

Kinda like the Westone branded FiiO too...**** I'm shallow, I want one!

Aug 29, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #404 of 441
I've never needed an amp for my Westone 2's (now sadly broken after a good 1.5 years use - I was a brute with them) but if they are bundling it with the Westone's then by all means go for it. 

I think that is incredibly cool, and if I had that spare kind of cash to put on an order I would certainly get that. Well... that would be if my ears weren't so small - the casings of the Westone 3 do not do well in my ears, so I'd have to settle for the W2's again and I'd rather an upgrade. :)

Tl;dr - Definitely a worthy addition and an awesome buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back