Westone 1 or...
Mar 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Wanderer235

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi,

I've been lurking in this websites for weeks now reading people reviews on different headphones/IEMs. And just few days ago I decided to get out of my comfort zone and looked for high-end IEM (for starter) that suits me. I am more into hip-hop/R&B songs but I am an occasional pop/rock listener as well.

Now my question is, will Westone 1 be a right choice for me? Or do you guys have better recommendation? My budget stretches from usd$100 - $250

Your help will be much appreciated.

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #2 of 16
You can get the Westone 2 for $214.

Mar 10, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #3 of 16
I see your westone 2 is on the way. Would be great if you can share your impression or perhaps mini-review here when you get them.
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
neither the W1 or W2's would be any good for hip hop, they are both somewhat bass light.

update later, I just had a brain fart.

W2 hits hard enough on most rap songs, badly compressed ones don't go that low but on most hip hop/RNB songs I thought the bass was fine. Now they are not the bass monster like the Westone 3 or the Beats by Dr. Dre(friend broke down and bought them, they are super nice!) that makes non-bassy songs sounds bassy, but from the little rap I listened to, the W2 bass hits decently hard. Let's not group them in with the RE0

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #7 of 16
wow.. i would definitely disagree with the opinions here that the w1 are bass light.. i listen to a good amount of hip hop also and found the W1's, for my tastes anyways, to have just the right amount of bass - not too overwhelming but not lacking either. I ended up going with the ie7 over the w1 though just because overall sound i preferred from the ie7. but i would definitely say that unless you are a basshead, imo - the w1 are great for rap and hip hop.. and if your budget can stretch, i would go for the ie7's.

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #12 of 16
both are very comfortable and both well built..although for me, i think the ie7 are slightly more comfortable.

Mar 11, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #13 of 16
I got the W1s for their comfort and I have to say I am not disappointed, I don't have the IE7 but compared to all the other IEMs I have (Q-jays, RE2, Superfi 3) it is the most comfortable for the longest period of time.

I listen to mostly rock and I cannot complain about the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back