Weston UM2 vs. UE TF 10. pros vs. livewires (going to use new IEM for traveling)
Aug 19, 2008 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Hellesoe

Head-Fier
Hey there
smily_headphones1.gif

im going to work quite long from my home (4 hours of travel everyday) and therefore i would like to get some great in ears, and later on a amp!

I live in Denmark where it's litereally quite hard for me to test any great in ears at all so i would like peoples personal exspiriences, not just; they're great buy em, but explain to me why :p

what do i wan't from em?

- noice cancelling as im going to take the train everyday!

- Comfort as they are going to be in my ears for a long time

- and at least but not less fit my taste :p i listen mostly to metallica/tool/disturbed/dope/Apocalyptica(4 chellos playing metal)/leaves eyes but i also tend to listen to somthing like dance and rap if cross my ways, althoug i mostly listen to first stated
smily_headphones1.gif

theese 3 in ears are for me(im going to order in the U.S) the ones i can afford , but your welcome to post other alternatives but they can't cost more than 400dollars
smily_headphones1.gif

Regards Hellesøe

ps. ill be getting my Sound from a Ipod touch 16GB for now! or when Rockbox comes out so i can use my old Zen vision M again!

Aug 20, 2008 at 9:16 AM Post #5 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LiveWires if you want good comfort and great sound.

And if you are ready to possible fit problems, which means more time to wait and more money to pay for shipping.
Hellesøe, westone = great comfort right out of the box

Aug 20, 2008 at 9:25 AM Post #6 of 35
Quote:

LiveWires if you want good comfort and great sound.

thx for the reply
smily_headphones1.gif
how long did you wait for yours ? and where in Denmark did you get em molded ?

Aug 20, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Styrbjorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And if you are ready to possible fit problems, which means more time to wait and more money to pay for shipping.
Hellesøe, westone = great comfort right out of the box

yeah might give em a try before i go custom :p

Aug 20, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #8 of 35
Just get good impressions from a good audiologist in Denmark. It is after all the #1 country in the world when it comes to hearing aid.

You can get impressions done by any of the bigger hearing centers in Denmark they all use roughly the same method. Just ask or a bite block or have your jaw relaxed when getting the molds done. The UM2s is a stupid waist of time if you got the $ to get any of the better custom in-ears. Try the TF10s if they fit and are comfortable go with those, but I doubt the comfort will be as good as with a well made custom.

Aug 20, 2008 at 10:38 AM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Just get good impressions from a good audiologist in Denmark. It is after all the #1 country in the world when it comes to hearing aid.

You can get impressions done by any of the bigger hearing centers in Denmark they all use roughly the same method. Just ask or a bite block or have your jaw relaxed when getting the molds done. The UM2s is a stupid waist of time if you got the $ to get any of the better custom in-ears. Try the TF10s if they fit and are comfortable go with those, but I doubt the comfort will be as good as with a well made custom.

hmm... i might look into Freq's(3 driver vers.) or the Livewires, but how long did you wait on yours ? and do i "need" an amp to either drive it from a (hopefully soon rockboxed) Zen vision:M or a Ipod touch or will they "do fine" ? it's alot of money afterall :p

Aug 20, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #10 of 35
The waiting time for a pair of customs from LW is roughly 3 weeks at least that was I have read around here. I use a RSA Tomahawk, but it will sound good out of most PMPs. Only thing that can kill it is if the player hisses a lot. The efficiency of the LWs is much higher than that of normal IEMs.

Aug 20, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #11 of 35
Livewires would be what I'd say to get if you're prepared for the possibility of having to have them refitted and such.

UM2s are probably the most comfortable universal IEMs out there, and sound excellent. If you don't have time or don't want to risk the possibility of refits and such, get UM2s (or Shure SE530s if you can afford them, I guess).

None of the IEMs being discussed here need an amp, so don't worry about that.

Aug 21, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

The waiting time for a pair of customs from LW is roughly 3 weeks at least that was I have read around here. I use a RSA Tomahawk, but it will sound good out of most PMPs. Only thing that can kill it is if the player hisses a lot. The efficiency of the LWs is much higher than that of normal IEMs.

sounds good, now i just have to find somone that can make the impresion of my ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 21, 2008 at 9:32 AM Post #13 of 35
I was earlier consider buying a UE custom IEM (UE-10/11) but I found out they were much more expensive at my local store compare what you guys pay in the U.S.
So I have like others decided to try the Triple.fi first and see if it’s worth going customs. I can always sell triple's again.
Also I didn't really found a place I could make the impressions of my ears at my local area.
I just might be because I need to make more research. I'm still a bit newbie to this.

Aug 21, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Livewires would be what I'd say to get if you're prepared for the possibility of having to have them refitted and such.

UM2s are probably the most comfortable universal IEMs out there, and sound excellent. If you don't have time or don't want to risk the possibility of refits and such, get UM2s (or Shure SE530s if you can afford them, I guess).

None of the IEMs being discussed here need an amp, so don't worry about that.

might also be a good idea to try UM2's first as i need them in 2 wekks ^^ and well i can always sell em if i don't like them (UM2's)

And i called around today i have to travel about 100kilometers to get my ears molded :p thats quite far ^^

Aug 21, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellesøe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
might also be a good idea to try UM2's first as i need them in 2 wekks ^^ and well i can always sell em if i don't like them (UM2's)

And i called around today i have to travel about 100kilometers to get my ears molded :p thats quite far ^^

ill just quote myself :p

how do the UM2 compare to the triple.fi pro ? as they cost the same for me here in DK ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back