Western Electric & Northern electric Appreciation Thread
Mar 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Spriggs

100+ Head-Fier
This thread is dedicated to the forerunners of audio (telephones too) and all things HiFi Western Electric their advances in tube audio amplification and the first transistor (bell labs) made what you and I are listening to right now possible. From their exalted amps, speaker designs to tubes like the 300b, I think many will agree they were way ahead of their time. Now for some pictures of Western Electric items from the past.

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #4 of 9
western electric 421A please!!

Apr 12, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 9
Apr 13, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #7 of 9
Nice pair of 124s. :)

This thread is dedicated to the forerunners of audio (telephones too) and all things HiFi Western Electric their advances in tube audio amplification and the first transistor (bell labs) made what you and I are listening to right now possible. From their exalted amps, speaker designs to tubes like the 300b, I think many will agree they were way ahead of their time. Now for some pictures of Western Electric items from the past.

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #8 of 9
My Yarland SE tube amp has a pair of cryo'ed Western Electric JW- 2C51 / "396a" in the preamp section.

The Western Electric tubes are the best sounding 396a tubes I have tube rolled, even surpassing the famous Bendix Red bank tubes in my set-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back