Were you ever late for work because of music?
Feb 15, 2007 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Singapura

500+ Head-Fier
I was listening to a newly acquired & ripped Allan Parson Project CD on my way to work last week and I actually didn't go into the building until it was finished. This made me 15 minutes late for work. I've even missed trains because I was listening and couldn't bear to shut off my iPod. Have you ever done this? What song was it that you listened to?

Feb 15, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #2 of 27
A better question would be "have you ever arrived on time for work"
lambda.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:56 AM Post #5 of 27
No, but I'd often rather sit and listen to music than work. In fact, my compulsion to sit and listen to music is directly proportional to the perceived boringness of the job that awaits me.

Feb 15, 2007 at 12:01 PM Post #6 of 27
Don't enter the for sale forums or this may happen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nobody has shown interest so far. I think the ones who can afford it are at work until the weekend, then they come home and sit at their computer with their aching back. They put some headphones on and check out Head-Fi. Since their back is aching they want something to reduce the pain, but they don't have any painkillers at home so they think to themselves "Man let me take a look at the for sale forums to see if there are any tweaks to reduce my pain". They then scroll down the page and see Valkyrja headphone cable, they then look down at their stock cable, then look back up and click on the link. Then they spend the weekend reading the test drive thread without the intention of buying the cable.

On monday when they go back to work they feel their aching back again, but the thought of the Valkyrja cable alleviates their pain. When they come back home from work they say "Arghh the pain, if I can go through the whole week at work I need something, let's pull out my credit card and go for the Valkyrja cable!".

On friday they receive the cable and spend the saturday installing the cable, then they let it burn in and listen to it on sunday. Bass is so crazy they won't believe. They let it burn in more and on monday when they wake up they can't help themselves, they got to put the headphones on. They should go showering but they just want to listen a couple minutes longer. Minutes turns into hours and they get late for work. They call themselves in sick and listen all day.

On tuesday morning the Valkyrja draws their attention again and they put the headphones on. They call themselves in sick again.
On wednesday the same thing happens. Since 3 days of the week are already gone they say "What the heck, let's call in sick on thursday and friday too!", and so they keep listening to the Valkyrja.
On sunday they realize how good the cable is but they refuse to believe it because they need to go to work on the next week.
On monday morning they ignore the Valkyrja so they can shower and put their clothes on, when they leave their house and walk to their car they realize they forgot their keys on the table. They come back and while grabbing the keys their finger brushes against the Valkyrja cable, now the cable has drawn their attention allright! They think to themselves "I'm still 5 minutes too early for work, I rather spend it listening to Valkyrja than at work". After a couple hours they call themselves in sick for the whole week.

On the 3rd week their bosses call them at home while they are listening to the Valkyrja cable, but since it sounds so good they don't want to get up from their chair, so they ignore the phone for the rest of the day. The next day they have unplugged the phone.
On the 4th week they receive a letter from the mailman that says they are fired from their job, they don't care and go back listening to the Valkyrja. On the 5th week their fridge is empty and they feel some burning sensations in their stomach, but when they go back to Valkyrja it alleviates their pain. On the 6th week they hear someone knocking on their door, they ignore it and keep listening to Valkyrja. Eventually the knocking becomes louder which forces them to see who it is. A couple men in suits and briefcases stand outside holding a piece of paper that says they are evicted for not paying their rent.

Maybe it's not a good idea to sell this cable, it will ruin the life of the buyer.

Feb 15, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't enter the for sale forums or this may happen:

You do know how to bring it. I'll give you that.

But still...

Not a lot of people would buy a cable of about $800. ( or whatever price it was exactly)

On topic now. I never really get late for work unless I have been drinking too much. Which I rarely do.

Feb 15, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

A better question would be "have you ever arrived on time for work"

10% of the time.
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #11 of 27
Well, indirectly late to work. I got an urge to listen to vinyl last night and wound up spinning discs and listening to the RS-1 until about 2AM. Woke up about 20 minutes late, skipped shaving, and got in about 20 minutes late.

I did stay late to make up for it, but still, the vinyl kept me up too late!

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #12 of 27
sometimes I'll just stand at the back of the store waiting for the song to end. I'm not necessarily late but I'm sure not working.

Feb 16, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #13 of 27
I was at work and I was sort of working... but I have missed 2 sporting 'dates' (one with colleagues and one with my girlfriend who conveniently is my colleague as well)
because I couldn't bring myself to taking off the SR60's while listening to GY!BE

Feb 16, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #15 of 27
Yes, I have arrived at work later than usual because of listening sessions early in the morning. But I have flexible working time, so nobody have noticed!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back