We're Trying to Tell You... T+A is the Real Deal... Check Out the New DAC 200 YouTube Review.
Mar 20, 2023 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

JaguarAudio

Member of the Trade: Jaguar Audio
Jaguar Audio is an Authorized T+A Dealer. Out of the box, the T+A DAC 200 blew our prior reference (a $20K DAC and upscaling combo) out of the water and we were true believers. We have Black and Silver DAC 200s in stock and ready to ship now. 45-day Trial Period and Next-Day Shipping are included in the price. Give us a call anytime with your questions.

Check out the new YouTube review at the link below.

https://jaguaraudio.com/product/dac-200-dac-by-ta-hifi

If you only listen with headphones, you may prefer T+A's HA 200 Headphone Amp.

https://jaguaraudio.com/product/ha-200-headphone-amplifier-and-dac-by-ta-hifi

* Jaguar can only ship this brand to US addresses.
* Pay with a wire payment and save 3%.

DAC200.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #2 of 12
Just wondering Darin (@JaguarAudio) - what was your $20K reference DAC? I currently own a Rockna Wavelight HQPlayer doing upsampling duties to Holo RED. Upsampler server (roon + HQP) sit in another part of the house. Network is fiber optics into the listening space. This DAC has garnered allot of press lately.... I am interested, but would like to hear more comparisons with other DACs. I am a subscriber to Guido's YouTube channel, and watched his vid of this dac. Highly recommended but as far as I know he doesn't do external HQP upsampling. Thanks!

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 12
Just wondering Darin (@JaguarAudio) - what was your $20K reference DAC? I currently own a Rockna Wavelight HQPLayer doing subsampling duties to Holo RED. Upsampler server (roon + HQP) sit in another part of the house. Network is fiber optics into the listening space. This DAC has garnered allot of press lately.... I am interested, but would like to hear more comparisons with other DACs. I am a subscriber to Guido's YouTube channel, and watched his vid of this dac. Highly recommended but as far as I know he doesn't do external HQP upsampling. Thanks!
I don't want to be that specific in an online post. I'll reserve those specifics for clients who call to ask my opinion. The Holo DACs will not outperform T+A but they're also less expensive and their price/performance is similar to T+A, which is to say it stands out against almost all other brands at this level.

There isn't likely to be a comparison to another product that will be more illuminating than this video but yesterday I shipped a DAC 200 to a YouTuber who I expect will do a direct comparison with his DCS reference.

* Yes, you can do HQP upsampling with the DAC 200 if it's compatible with your server.

Mar 21, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #4 of 12
Thanks @JaguarAudio appreciate your response. To be clear, I do not own a Holo audio DAC, I own a Rockna Wavelight. My server is capable of doing DSD 1024 up-sampling. My current DAC will not accept a 16X DSD rate , but will take 8x DSD through I2S which I use from the Holo RED (endpoint streamer). I guess what I am saying is that in Digital everything matters, if one is using HQplayer to up sample than a comparison between two different dacs using a) their internal filters, and b) set to NOS using external filters would be fitting. I know that the DAC 200 supports a pure single bit mode and can accept DSD 1024, which is why I am so interested in this DAC. Just looking for real-world experiences from folks :wink:.

I live in Canada - happy to call you to discuss, to my knowledge I do not have a local dealer near me that sells this product.

Mar 21, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #5 of 12
Thanks @JaguarAudio appreciate your response. To be clear, I do not own a Holo audio DAC, I own a Rockna Wavelight. My server is capable of doing DSD 1024 up-sampling. My current DAC will not accept a 16X DSD rate , but will take 8x DSD through I2S which I use from the Holo RED (endpoint streamer). I guess what I am saying is that in Digital everything matters, if one is using HQplayer to up sample than a comparison between two different dacs using a) their internal filters, and b) set to NOS using external filters would be fitting. I know that the DAC 200 supports a pure single bit mode and can accept DSD 1024, which is why I am so interested in this DAC. Just looking for real-world experiences from folks :wink:.

I live in Canada - happy to call you to discuss, to my knowledge I do not have a local dealer near me that sells this product.
I can't ship T+A to Canada but Angie's Audio Corner has T+A gear in Canada and they're Amazing. https://americansound.com

Mar 21, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #6 of 12
Oh crap, I know Angie. They are awesome - I bought 2X REL Carbon Special subs from them two years ago! Didn't realize they sold T+A. I will give them a call! They are just under a 2 hour drive from where I live.

Thanks

Apr 7, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #7 of 12
Well Steve Huff is certainly a fan to put it mildly. As is Miska of HQP and a bunch of early adopters over at Audiphilestyle. I’ve been following this with interest since its release last year. Certainly a beautifully built piece with, it seems, corresponding performance.

Apr 9, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #9 of 12
I have the HA200. Is the DAC200 essentially the same thing without the HA200's amp features?

Apr 24, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #12 of 12
Yes, the HA 200 and DAC 200 use the same DAC circuit.
Is it possible to update the firmware to the latest version through the T+A web site? I am showing version 1.5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back