went grad shopping today, got a little extra
May 25, 2005 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pne

Headphoneus Supremus
originally I had planned to just get a dress shirt and tie, but then I got the creditcard itch, and bought a new digi cam for fun. I also got a lil something special to mark the occasion.

98008820.jpg

One for me and one for my good buddy who's throwing the party. What do you think? Are they a good smoke? I don't know a lot about cigars so I asked the store owner for a good first time smoke, and got these romeo's for $12 each.

May 26, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #2 of 10
never heard of 'em, but i really dig the tubes they came in..

I've been puffing alot myself lately, i made a thread about it a few weeks ago. Let us know how they are.

May 26, 2005 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 10
what camera did you get?

May 26, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #4 of 10
How do you guys smoke those things? Seriously... I like the flavor/taste (cigars not cigarettes)... But I literally turn green, nausiated and puke. Same goes for chewing tobacco.... instant Pukefest!!!

Garrett

May 26, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 10
Don't inhale so deeply. Keep the smoke in your mouth.

My experience is the best cigars are in the $4-5 range. The $12 cigars tend to be all hype. Check out A. Fuente - Hemmingways and La Gloria Cubanas...

May 26, 2005 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 10
Romeo Y Julieta are a very well known brand. I have had a few cigarillos (about the size of a cigarette) from them and really enjoyed them. I'm sure that these will more than fit the bill.

I find full size cigars to be just too much smoke. And this is coming from a guy that smokes a pack a day!

May 26, 2005 at 5:47 AM Post #7 of 10
the camera is a casio qv-62, which I really liked. 6 megapixels for only 250 bucks. Seems pretty versitile for my first digital camera. I took the shot using the macro/food preset.

the cigars are wrapped in a very thin cedar wood lining, they smell great but that might just be the wood. I can't wait to smoke these, either tommorow or friday night.

May 26, 2005 at 6:14 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
How do you guys smoke those things? Seriously... I like the flavor/taste (cigars not cigarettes)... But I literally turn green, nausiated and puke. Same goes for chewing tobacco.... instant Pukefest!!!

Garrett

Some people are more sensitive to nicotine than others. The first time I ever tried chewing tobacco, I put in a dip, and sat for a few minutes, not really noticing anything interesting. Then I looked over at the apartments next door and noticed they looked kinda wavy. I stood up and nearly fell over. For about the next 15 minutes I had this crazy lightheaded buzz. But not long after that died down, my stomach started doing somersaults, so I got rid of the chew. Haven't had the same issue with cigars (though I do sometimes get a buzz off one) but I don't inhale them either. That used to be a mean college party trick. You let the drunk cigarette smoker try your cigar. They take a drag on it like it was a Marlboro ultralight and, like you said...instant pukefest.

I've had a couple Romeo y Julietas that were quite good, though I don't think it was the specific one you bought, pne. I love a good cigar, but you really have to be in the mood for it since you may be stuck with it for an hour or two once you light it (unless you're the sort who will smoke 1/3 and quit or put it out on your shoe to relight later - yuck).

May 26, 2005 at 8:27 AM Post #9 of 10
ohhhh Romeo coronas, nice, never seen them in a cedar wrap before, need to ask my connection about those. those look nice though. try Bolivar if he has it, they are my favorites, good smooth smoke, with hints of cocoa and very light pepper. what part of Canada are you in? When im in YVR i go down to yale town they have a great tobbaco shop called Vancouver Tobbacco shop (lol). I think its right across from the mini cooper store. This guys is legit, you dont have to worry about buying fakes from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back