Currency
USD
Price
post-13350647
Post #1 of 12

odanovich

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hello Head-Fi Community & Hello Spring Cleaning!

I am attempting to sell my Desktop Headphone Setup through Head-Fi.org.  I think I am more obsessed with the idea of trying and testing high-end equipment than Keeping one piece and being set.  That being said up for sale I have the following items:

Handmade Well's Audio Milo Headphone Desktop Amplifier with upgraded Parts:  Khozmo Attenuator $400.00  &  Vishay "Naked Z Foil" Series Resistors $150.00   There has been no adjustment to the db settings - left alone per the advice of Jeff Wells himself because I was pairing it with the Abyss Headphones.

This is one of my favorite Headphone Amplifiers.. Small yet Mighty.   Powers the Abyss Headphones extremely well.   This was a custom order (as are all of Jeff Well's Masterpieces)  I have the original packaging it came in so it will be safe during shipping. 

----------------------

Additionally I have for sale the following items.  Ask me for a multi-purchase discount.

JPS Labs AB 1266 Abyss Headphones Deluxe Package: The headphone is in great condition and it includes: The wooden box, the leather carry satchel, the metal headphone stand, the warranty card, the user manual, a very long Dual 3-pin XLR cable, the Dual 3-pin to Single 4-pin XLR Adapter, and the lambskin detachable ear cups.

Chord Electronics 2Qute Desktop DAC:  This little thing is killer.  Silver Desktop Amplifier changes colors based on the quality of the audio file playing through it at the time.  It has Coax In,  Optical In, RCA In, and USB-B In.   

Cardas Audio Clear Digital USB Serial Bus Cable (1M):  Recommended to me by Galen Carol (local SA Audio Dealer) as a best "bang-for-your-buck" USB Cable for my setup.  It's 1 meter long and the color blue.  It has a traditional USB Port on one end (connects to laptops, desktops) and then a male USB-B Connection for connecting to the Chord 2Qute (Think of a Printer Cable).   Its a very well manufactured cable.   Some people don't buy into Cable Hype.  But I can guarantee you its better than the Amazon Basic's Cable I bought for $5.99.

Look forward to sharing/passing my equipment along to other Head-Fi Members such as your self!   Please message me if you have any questions.

Enjoy the rest of your browsing!

Cheers,

Stephen Odanovich

post-13350783
Post #2 of 12

eschell27

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Man! Wish i could afford this right now! GLWS

Lucky person who ever picks this guy up without having to wait on a build!

post-13352572
Post #6 of 12

geoffalter11

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
geoffalter11, your going to be thrilled! When should it arrive? What phones are you going to use?
Thanks for the vote of confidence.  It was more money than I had planned on spending.  After speaking with Jeff Wells, I knew it was absolutely the right thing to do.  He is so passionate about his craft.  I knew that moment I wouldn't support any other Amp designer.  Should be here in 2 weeks.  I think... I will be using a Metrum Musette as my DAC.  Headphones are:

EnigmAcoustics Dharma D1000
Alpha Prime
Focal Elear
ZMF Omni
Beyerdynamic Amiron Home
Sony MDR-Z7 (en route)

What have you been using?  What can you say about the Milo?  I just read someone describe it as a headphone amp on NZT-48 from the movie Limitless.  Made me laugh...

post-13352586
Post #7 of 12

geoffalter11

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
  Thanks for the vote of confidence.  It was more money than I had planned on spending.  After speaking with Jeff Wells, I knew it was absolutely the right thing to do.  He is so passionate about his craft.  I knew that moment I wouldn't support any other Amp designer.  Should be here in 2 weeks.  I think... I will be using a Metrum Musette as my DAC.  Headphones are:

EnigmAcoustics Dharma D1000
Alpha Prime
Focal Elear
ZMF Omni
Beyerdynamic Amiron Home
Sony MDR-Z7 (en route)

What have you been using?  What can you say about the Milo?  I just read someone describe it as a headphone amp on NZT-48 from the movie Limitless.  Made me laugh...
duh, just read your ad.  You were using the Abyss which Jeff W. says the Milo was designed for.  I bet it was absolutely amazing.  I am very interested in the 2Qute.  There is a big part of me that wants to buy it from you.  I have heard it is engaging and incredibly musical.  For that price range it is basically the 2Qute, Musette and Gumby at the top of the heap.  I love the analog sound of the Musette.  But I really want your 2Qute.  haha

post-13352597
Post #8 of 12

odanovich

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Lololol. "a headphone amp on NZT-48" thats a pretty funny comparison.

I only had the Abyss to listen to... I like your headphone variety listed above. I wish i could have tried out more phones on this thing.

Additionally, ive never used the Abyss on any other rig/station/setup

But what I do know. Is that its better than the Sim moon Audio 430HAD + LCD-3.

but wished I could have tried the Abyss on the 430HAD. And wished I had the LCD-3 + Milo as well.

If only I had some sort of money machine.. Or put effort towards maintaining a hifi blog so that I could try samples of equipment for freee....

***siggghhhh***

Yeah the 2Qute is impressive. I like it better than the Schiit Multibit Gungnir .. That thing was Huge. Heavy. And a bit lifeless.. 2Qute was a much better desktop setup for me

post-13352649
Post #9 of 12

geoffalter11

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Lololol. "a headphone amp on NZT-48" thats a pretty funny comparison.

I only had the Abyss to listen to... I like your headphone variety listed above. I wish i could have tried out more phones on this thing.

Additionally, ive never used the Abyss on any other rig/station/setup

But what I do know. Is that its better than the Sim moon Audio 430HAD + LCD-3.

but wished I could have tried the Abyss on the 430HAD. And wished I had the LCD-3 + Milo as well.

If only I had some sort of money machine.. Or put effort towards maintaining a hifi blog so that I could try samples of equipment for freee....

***siggghhhh***

Yeah the 2Qute is impressive. I like it better than the Schiit Multibit Gungnir .. That thing was Huge. Heavy. And a bit lifeless.. 2Qute was a much better desktop setup for me
I agree, a money machine or tree would be nice.  This hobby is prohibitively expensive.  I am like you and like nice things, which makes it even harder when my guard is down.  I spend more than I should.  At some point I will have to downsize to the things that make the most sense.  For now, experimenting makes me happy.  It is fun to try new things.  I am glad to hear the 2Qute was so great.  One day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)