1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by ufospls2, Sep 16, 2016.
First

Back
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
  1. Hansotek
    Are you getting or did you recently get a Milo @Wes S? I see you have 3 different T50 variants in your sig.

2. Gibson59
    Loving the activity on this thread! My Milo drives my HEKse to perfection. Aside from potentially upgrading my DAC (Qutest) someday I truly have zero motivation to “upgrade” my amp. I’ve been tempted to add a tube amp to the stable just to mix it up sometimes, but honestly the Milo has that little bit of bloom that really appeases my need for now. It’s just so pleasing to the ear. Detailed and powerful like a solid state should be but never cold or clinical.

Wildcatsare1 likes this.
  3. Wes S
    I am very interested in the Milo but don't own one, and that is why I am following this thread.

4. Wildcatsare1
    My ZMF Aeolus and Vérité sing with the Milo, the Hugo2 is proving to an excellent source.

Wes S likes this.
  5. Hansotek
    Nice man! Wells' stuff manhandles T50 drivers like nothing else. I would fit nicely with your headphones.

Wes S and Wildcatsare1 like this.
  6. Wes S
    Thanks for the info! The Liquid Platinum, manhandles the T50 mods, and is a match made in heaven. However, I would love to have a SS amp, that can too, and I believe the Milo is the one.

Wildcatsare1 likes this.
  7. Hansotek
    I have that amp as well, and I love it. Definitely two different sounds.

Wildcatsare1 and Wes S like this.
  8. mwhals
    I love it too and it was you that recommended it to me.

Wildcatsare1, Wes S and Hansotek like this.
  9. musicman59
    I probably will be selling my Milo with the Khozmo, Vishjays , Bybees and Furutech fuses and my Qutest in the near future.
    If you are interested let me know.

10. Gibson59
    This is the exact same amp/DAC combo I have and I can attest to how fantastic it is! End game for me with my HEKse unless I decide to spend thousands more on a Hugo TT2 or DAVE but I doubt I’ll go that route.

11. UsoppNoKami
    Have heard the TT2 + Mscaler and also the Dave + Blu Mscaler. YMMV, but I didn't see what the hype was all about.

Currently having a lot of fun listening to the HEKSE on my vintage Sansui AU-7700, but I have been thinking of getting a Milo or Enigma.

Q: The reference spec Milo or an Enigma folks?

12. ufospls2
    I think it might depend on the amount of power you are wanting, but @The Piper would be the best person to talk to with regards to the Milo Reference vs. Enigma 2 question. Hard to go wrong with either to be honest.

13. johnzz4
    Jeff will give you some advice I’m sure. I’ve had the Milo Reference but not the Enigma. Im guessing the Milo Ref will be the better sounding of the two, but does have a little bloom to the sound which could be good or bad depending on tastes. I believe the Enigma is the same case, so probably gives you a better upgrade path if you plan on moving to the Headtrip or HT Level 2 in your future.

14. Dobrescu George
First

Back
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45